Thursday, September 11, 2008, 11:00 am PT (02:00 pm ET)
High-quality unboxing photos of Apple's fourth-gen iPod nanoThe new fourth generation Nano is Apple's thinnest iPod yet, but still delivers the same high resolution display of last year's wider, square model. It introduces Genius playlist creation on the go, audio recording features when used with a mic, and an accelerometer that enables "shake to shuffle" and automatic landscape reorientation with Cover Flow.
The new Nano ships with standard headphones; Apple will release two headphone options next month that include a mic and playback/volume controls: a standard earbud pair for $29 and a premium dual driver, in ear set for $79.
Past photos for comparisons: first-gen iPod nano (2005), second-gen iPod nano (2006), third-generation iPod nano (2007).
On Topic: iPod
- Review: Parrot Asteroid Smart in-dash head unit with navigation and app support
- Apple's new $199 iPod touch now available in the UK, other countries as global rollout continues
- Teardown of new $199 16GB iPod touch finds same design & parts as 32GB & 64GB models
- Apple launches $199 16GB iPod touch with rear camera in 6 colors, slashes prices on 32GB & 64GB models
- Apple, Inc. and the pursuit of affordable luxury electronics