Thursday, September 11, 2008, 11:00 am PT (02:00 pm ET)
High-quality unboxing photos of Apple's fourth-gen iPod nanoThe new fourth generation Nano is Apple's thinnest iPod yet, but still delivers the same high resolution display of last year's wider, square model. It introduces Genius playlist creation on the go, audio recording features when used with a mic, and an accelerometer that enables "shake to shuffle" and automatic landscape reorientation with Cover Flow.
The new Nano ships with standard headphones; Apple will release two headphone options next month that include a mic and playback/volume controls: a standard earbud pair for $29 and a premium dual driver, in ear set for $79.
Past photos for comparisons: first-gen iPod nano (2005), second-gen iPod nano (2006), third-generation iPod nano (2007).
On Topic: iPod
- Twelve years ago today Apple began selling iPod
- Apple's new 'space gray' color option shown off in iPod nano video
- The iPhone Patent Wars: Early patent skirmishes of Apple, Inc., in pictures
- Flex cable claimed to be from Apple's 6th-gen iPod touch hints at 2013 update
- Teardown of Apple's new 16GB iPod touch finds few changes from other 5th-gen models