Tuesday, June 14, 2005, 05:00 pm PT (08:00 pm ET)
Apple files for \'Mactel\' trademarkA post to the blog of CNet news.com journalist Ina Fried points out that the same day that Steve Jobs announced Apple's plans to adopt Intel chips, the company filed a trademark application for the term "Mactel."
On Topic: General
- Apple CEO Tim Cook says privacy talks with Chinese government were 'very open'
- Former Apple exec Ron Johnson wants to make online shopping personal with new startup 'Enjoy'
- Apple says its 'ambitious' sapphire manufacturing process is 'not ready for production'
- GT Advanced to exit sapphire production business, Apple to recover $439M prepayment over 4 years
- Christian Bale confirmed to play Steve Jobs in upcoming biopic, to start shooting soon