Apple releases iTunes 8.2 and QuickTime 7.6.2Apple on Monday released iTunes 8.2, a new version of its media cataloging software with support for the upcoming iPhone Software 3.0 release. It was accompanied by a recommended maintenance update for QuickTime 7.6.
iTunes 8.2, available for download here or via Software Update, supports iPhone or iPod touch handhelds loaded with iPhone 3.0 Software Update, which is due for release in the coming weeks.
The new version of iTunes also includes several accessibility improvements and bug fixes, according to a brief set of release notes.
Registered iPhone developers have had access to iTunes 8.2 since late April when Apple released a new beta of iPhone Software 3.0 that was incompatible with the then current iTunes 8.1 release.
Joining the release of iTunes 8.2 is QuickTime 7.6.2, a recommended update for all QuickTime 7 users that includes changes that increase reliability, improve compatibility and enhance security.
More specifically, the release is said to improve compatibility with Apple ProRes media and feature a handful of security updates.
As of press time, QuickTime 7.6.2 was available only via Software Update.
On Topic: iTunes
- Apple Music tops customer satisfaction in new JD Power study
- Apple reveals algorithm behind Apple Music mixes, execs discuss past and future of service
- Drake's 'Views' exceeds 1B streams on Apple Music
- Drake debuts new short film as Apple Music exclusive
- Apple to debut 'Spoken Editions' iTunes category, turn written news into audio podcasts