App Store additions: Photoshop.com released, Rock Band sooniPhone users looking to edit photos on the go can do so with Adobe's new, free Photoshop.com Mobile application; and the popular Rock Band franchise is set to hit this month.
Adobe unveils Photoshop.com Mobile
The new Photoshop.com Mobile application for the iPhone and iPod touch allows users to edit photos, apply effects and share images instantly. The application also offers connectivity with Photoshop.com, an Adobe service that offers 2GB of free online photo storage.
"As the digital imaging leader, Adobe is excited to bring Photoshop.com Mobile to iPhone users," said Doug Mack, vice president and general manager of Consumer and Hosted Solutions at Adobe. "Now, with access to powerful editing and sharing tools, iPhone users are armed with the resources to document all of lifes unexpected moments, make them look their best and then re-live those memories with friends and family."
Adobe said users can make quick edits to photos with a series of finger gestures. And any changes can be quickly undone, allowing users to experiment and see what works without ruining the original photo.
Features highlighted by Adobe include:
- Crop, rotate, change color with just a touch.
- Give an extra glow with Soft Focus.
- Get artsy with Sketch.
- Apply one-touch effects like Warm Vintage and Vignette.
The 3.9MB application is available via iTunes in the U.S. and Canada only.
EA Mobile's Rock Band to hit this month
The popular Rock Band franchise will make its way to the iPhone and iPod touch in October, EA Mobile has announced. The rhythm game will allow gamers to play along with guitar, bass, drums or vocals to MP3-quality songs at three difficulty levels.
The game will offer solo play, or simultaneous multiplayer, including via Bluetooth. It will feature 20 songs, and also offer an in-game music store to purchase more tracks. No price has been made available.
Other features, according to EA, include:
- Jump into Quickplay for casual sessions or take it on the road in Tour Mode.
- Play along with 20 legendary songs from great bands like Smashing Pumpkins, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Foo Fighters, Blink-182, The Beastie Boys, and more!
- Start out playing in grungy dives and work all the way up to stadium-rock stardom.
- Collect rewards and achievements that provide replay value and depth to even the most experienced Rock Band veterans.
On Topic: iPhone
- Roommates stab each other with beer bottles in iPhone vs. Android dispute
- Chrome for iOS adds Today widget, Halo comes to iPhone and iPad for first time
- Chinese government officially suspends controversial banking technology rules
- Apple makes 'last-minute decision' to use TSMC for 30% of 'A9' chip orders for next iPhone
- Apple's iOS App Store widens revenue lead over Google Play in Q1 2015