Apple targets 3 new Get a Mac ads at Windows 7 (with videos)As promised, Apple has released three new Get a Mac ads targeting Microsoft's launch of Windows 7 as a good opportunity to abandon Microsoft.
Last week, Phil Schiller, Apple's senior vice president for Worldwide Product Marketing, said the impending launch of Windows 7 would present a "good opportunity" for Apple to make market share gains.
Schiller said that in particular, the upgrade process from Windows XP to Windows 7 is something that consumers will likely find unpleasant: "Any user that reads all those steps is probably going to freak out. If you have to go through all that, why not just buy a Mac?"
The new ads can be viewed on Apple's site or below via YouTube; Google's inline videos are best experienced using ClickToFlash to view the videos directly.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Apple seeds first OS X 10.10.4 beta to developers for testing
- Apple fixes sporadic startup woes with OS X 10.10.3 supplemental update
- OS X 10.10.3 triggering kernel panics when previewing JPEG files
- From beaches to bridges, Apple has plenty of possible California-themed names for next OS X
- Microsoft updates Office 2016 for Mac Preview, intros new iPhone apps for Office 365