Apple targets 3 new Get a Mac ads at Windows 7 (with videos)As promised, Apple has released three new Get a Mac ads targeting Microsoft's launch of Windows 7 as a good opportunity to abandon Microsoft.
Last week, Phil Schiller, Apple's senior vice president for Worldwide Product Marketing, said the impending launch of Windows 7 would present a "good opportunity" for Apple to make market share gains.
Schiller said that in particular, the upgrade process from Windows XP to Windows 7 is something that consumers will likely find unpleasant: "Any user that reads all those steps is probably going to freak out. If you have to go through all that, why not just buy a Mac?"
The new ads can be viewed on Apple's site or below via YouTube; Google's inline videos are best experienced using ClickToFlash to view the videos directly.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Apple drops new betas for OS X 10.11.6, iOS 9.3.3, and tvOS 9.2.2
- Apple might let users unlock Mac via Touch ID on iPhone with OS X 10.12
- Leaked screens show Siri in Apple's upcoming OS X 10.12 with always-on 'Hey Siri'
- Apple releases iTunes 12.4 with redesigned interface, fixes bugs in OS X 10.11.5
- Messaging service WhatsApp launches desktop app for Mac