Apple targets 3 new Get a Mac ads at Windows 7 (with videos)As promised, Apple has released three new Get a Mac ads targeting Microsoft's launch of Windows 7 as a good opportunity to abandon Microsoft.
Last week, Phil Schiller, Apple's senior vice president for Worldwide Product Marketing, said the impending launch of Windows 7 would present a "good opportunity" for Apple to make market share gains.
Schiller said that in particular, the upgrade process from Windows XP to Windows 7 is something that consumers will likely find unpleasant: "Any user that reads all those steps is probably going to freak out. If you have to go through all that, why not just buy a Mac?"
The new ads can be viewed on Apple's site or below via YouTube; Google's inline videos are best experienced using ClickToFlash to view the videos directly.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Latest OS X beta ditches buggy discoveryd DNS service, replaced with mDNSResponder
- Apple issues fourth beta of OS X 10.10.4 to developers, public with focus on Photos & Migration
- Final Cut Pro 10.2.1 solves bugs causing crashes, Timeline problems
- Google to funnel all Chrome for Mac extensions through Chrome Web Store
- Leica, Apple working to fix Monochrom DNG bug that could erase Photos app library