Apple targets 3 new Get a Mac ads at Windows 7 (with videos)As promised, Apple has released three new Get a Mac ads targeting Microsoft's launch of Windows 7 as a good opportunity to abandon Microsoft.
Last week, Phil Schiller, Apple's senior vice president for Worldwide Product Marketing, said the impending launch of Windows 7 would present a "good opportunity" for Apple to make market share gains.
Schiller said that in particular, the upgrade process from Windows XP to Windows 7 is something that consumers will likely find unpleasant: "Any user that reads all those steps is probably going to freak out. If you have to go through all that, why not just buy a Mac?"
The new ads can be viewed on Apple's site or below via YouTube; Google's inline videos are best experienced using ClickToFlash to view the videos directly.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Apple adds TRIM support for aftermarket SSDs in OS X 10.10.4
- GarageBand 10.1 for Mac adds Force Touch, Apple Music Connect publishing [u]
- Apple releases OS X 10.10.4 with Mail, Photos improvements, 'discoveryd' fix
- New iOS 8.4 will enable Apple Music, Beats 1 on Tuesday; Sonos, Android support coming later this year
- Adobe addresses new 'actively exploited' critical vulnerability in Flash, users urged to update