Thursday, October 22, 2009, 08:45 pm PT (11:45 pm ET)
Apple targets 3 new Get a Mac ads at Windows 7 (with videos)As promised, Apple has released three new Get a Mac ads targeting Microsoft's launch of Windows 7 as a good opportunity to abandon Microsoft.
Last week, Phil Schiller, Apple's senior vice president for Worldwide Product Marketing, said the impending launch of Windows 7 would present a "good opportunity" for Apple to make market share gains.
Schiller said that in particular, the upgrade process from Windows XP to Windows 7 is something that consumers will likely find unpleasant: "Any user that reads all those steps is probably going to freak out. If you have to go through all that, why not just buy a Mac?"
The new ads can be viewed on Apple's site or below via YouTube; Google's inline videos are best experienced using ClickToFlash to view the videos directly.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Apple opens OS X betas to consumers with Beta Seed Program
- Apple issues OS X 10.9.3 beta to developers with minor tweaks
- Apple issues OS X 10.9.3 Mavericks beta to developers with minor changes
- Apple issues iMovie for Mac update with new features, bug fixes
- Apple releases Xcode 5.1.1 update with bug fixes, stability improvements