Apple's latest 10.6.2 beta packs fixes for VMWare, iMacs, Apple TVApple has released a new beta of the Mac OS X 10.6.2 update with fixes for various performance issues dealing with AirPort, graphics drivers, and Apple TV, among others.
Those familiar with the build, titled 10C540 have said that it contains fixes for AirPort performance issues on the newly released iMacs and also resolves a problem which arose when plugging and unplugging a system to an Apple TV. A VMWare fix is also included, presumably for the newly released Fusion version 3.0.
The new build also fixes reported panic issues with USB, Apple Filing Protocol, and some video cards.
In the 10.6.2 update, Apple plans on fixing and tweaking nearly 150 OS X components.
Some components slated for fixes include: AppleBacklight, Battery Menu, Dictionary, Expose, FileSync, Family Controls, Fonts, Front Row, HFS, Inkwell, iPhoto, MobileMe, OpenCL, Parental Controls, QuickTime, Screen Sharing, Spell Checker, Spotlight, Time Machine, and USB.
Mac OS X 10.6.2 is expected to be released sometime in November and will reportedly be around 480 MB in size.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Pixelmator for Mac gets new Quick and Magnetic selection tools, Retouch extension for Photos
- Apple drops new betas for OS X 10.11.6, iOS 9.3.3, and tvOS 9.2.2
- Apple might let users unlock Mac via Touch ID on iPhone with OS X 10.12
- Leaked screens show Siri in Apple's upcoming OS X 10.12 with always-on 'Hey Siri'
- Apple releases iTunes 12.4 with redesigned interface, fixes bugs in OS X 10.11.5