Wednesday, November 04, 2009, 05:20 pm PT (08:20 pm ET)
Apple's latest 10.6.2 beta packs fixes for VMWare, iMacs, Apple TVApple has released a new beta of the Mac OS X 10.6.2 update with fixes for various performance issues dealing with AirPort, graphics drivers, and Apple TV, among others.
Those familiar with the build, titled 10C540 have said that it contains fixes for AirPort performance issues on the newly released iMacs and also resolves a problem which arose when plugging and unplugging a system to an Apple TV. A VMWare fix is also included, presumably for the newly released Fusion version 3.0.
The new build also fixes reported panic issues with USB, Apple Filing Protocol, and some video cards.
In the 10.6.2 update, Apple plans on fixing and tweaking nearly 150 OS X components.
Some components slated for fixes include: AppleBacklight, Battery Menu, Dictionary, Expose, FileSync, Family Controls, Fonts, Front Row, HFS, Inkwell, iPhoto, MobileMe, OpenCL, Parental Controls, QuickTime, Screen Sharing, Spell Checker, Spotlight, Time Machine, and USB.
Mac OS X 10.6.2 is expected to be released sometime in November and will reportedly be around 480 MB in size.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Apple opens OS X betas to consumers with Beta Seed Program
- Apple issues OS X 10.9.3 beta to developers with minor tweaks
- Apple issues OS X 10.9.3 Mavericks beta to developers with minor changes
- Apple issues iMovie for Mac update with new features, bug fixes
- Apple releases Xcode 5.1.1 update with bug fixes, stability improvements