Tuesday, April 06, 2010, 03:30 pm PT (06:30 pm ET)
Apple's iPad Case ships, gets unboxed in high-quality photosAfter 72 hours of coddling their iPads like a newborn baby, early iPad adopters who pre-ordered one of Apple's official iPad cases have begun to receive the first deliveries of the accessory, which can be seen in the below unboxing photos.
Made of a rubberized exterior and soft microfiber interior, the $39 iPad Case folds tight like a hardcover book once the iPad is slipped into its snug frame and a piece of microfiber tucked underneath its left-side binding. It also act as a stand that holds iPad at an ideal angle for watching videos and slideshows or for typing on the onscreen keyboard.
AppleInsider will publish a short review of the case once it's had a few days to gauge its durability and the level of protection it offers.
On Topic: Current Hardware
- Apple hit with class-action lawsuit over 2011 MacBook Pro graphics failures
- Teardown of 27" Retina iMac reveals identical parts, construction as last-gen model
- Apple's new Mac mini lacks user-replaceable memory
- Apple discontinues Mac mini server, limits storage options with latest hardware refresh
- First look: Eyes-on with the new iMac's super-resolution 5K Retina display