Sources reveal specs of Apple's MacBook Pro refreshApple on Tuesday will finally get around to updating its MacBook Pro line of professional notebooks, which will include Intel's new Core processors ranging from 2.4GHz to 2.66GHz and include a variety of screen options, AppleInsider has been told.
According one person familiar with the matter, each model will ship with 4GB of RAM, including 2.4GHz and 2.66GHz 13-inch models, 2.4GHz, 2.55GHz and 2.66GHz 15-inch models, and a 2.53GHz 17-inch model.
Additionally, the new line may include three different types of screens options: Glossy, High Resolution Glossy, and High Resolution Glossy with Anti-Glare. A second person familiar with the mattered adds that at least some models will support 512GB of Solid State Drive (Flash) storage.
A list of part numbers and specs for the new models, as can be seen in certain inventory management systems, are as follows:
The Apple Store is currently down, so I expect these to show up in the next couple of hours.
Update:Though of little material value, here are the logic board part numbers :
661 - 5566 for 2.4
661 - 5479 for 2.53
661 - 5480 for 2.66
and the display part numbers. In both cases, these pertain to the 15-inch models.
661 - 5483 glossy
661 - 5477 hi res glossy
661 - 5478 hi res glossy with anti glare
Thanks, Mr. X
On Topic: Future Hardware
- Rumor: Apple developing iPhone display with integrated Touch ID fingerprint scanner, eliminating home button
- Apple investigating thinner touch panels that can sense 3D 'hover' gestures
- Intel announces quad-core mobile Broadwell chips, but Apple likely to stay away
- Thunderbolt 3 spec announced with support for USB-C connector, transfer speeds of up to 40Gbps
- Metaio acquisition brings Apple's PrimeSense pickup into focus