Wednesday, October 19, 2005, 12:00 pm PT (03:00 pm ET)
Apple reduces Cinema Display pricingAlong with the introduction of new PowerBooks and Power Macs on Wednesday, Apple reduced pricing on its Cinema Display line, lowering the cost of the 23-inch model by $200 and the 30-inch version by $500. The 23-inch model now costs $1300 and sports a native resolution of 1920 x 1200. The 30-inch display — which requires an ATI Radeon 9650, Radeon X850 XT or NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT DDL Card — now sells for $2500. The 30-inch model has a resolution of 2560 x 1600. No changes were made to the company's 20-inch display, which sells for $800 and offers a 1680 x 1050 optimal resolution. All three displays are VESA mount compatible and feature 2 USB ports and 2 FireWire 400 ports.
On Topic: General
- Review: Razer's Kraken Pro analog gaming headset
- Apple hires noted tech journalist Anand Lal Shimpi
- Samsung asks New Yorkers to compare Apple's iPad Air to Galaxy Tab S in new ad
- Apple's mysterious 2-story structure at site of Sept. 9 event drives frenzy even further
- Apple announces Sept. 9 event for expected 'iPhone 6' & 'iWatch' unveiling: 'Wish we could say more'