Wednesday, April 19, 2006, 08:00 pm PT (11:00 pm ET)
Apple drops PortalPlayer from future iPod plans?PortalPlayer, which designs chips and software for several of Apple's digital music players, informed investors this week that it had not been selected for use by Apple Computer in its forthcoming flash-based iPod music players.
PortalPlayer said in a statement that the follow-on to its PP5021 System-on-Chip product, expected to be available in the second half of this year, had not been selected by Apple.
Apple's flash-memory-based iPods include the nano and shuffle.
On Topic: General
- Apple CEO Tim Cook says privacy talks with Chinese government were 'very open'
- Former Apple exec Ron Johnson wants to make online shopping personal with new startup 'Enjoy'
- Apple says its 'ambitious' sapphire manufacturing process is 'not ready for production'
- GT Advanced to exit sapphire production business, Apple to recover $439M prepayment over 4 years
- Christian Bale confirmed to play Steve Jobs in upcoming biopic, to start shooting soon