Wednesday, April 19, 2006, 08:00 pm PT (11:00 pm ET)
Apple drops PortalPlayer from future iPod plans?PortalPlayer, which designs chips and software for several of Apple's digital music players, informed investors this week that it had not been selected for use by Apple Computer in its forthcoming flash-based iPod music players.
PortalPlayer said in a statement that the follow-on to its PP5021 System-on-Chip product, expected to be available in the second half of this year, had not been selected by Apple.
Apple's flash-memory-based iPods include the nano and shuffle.
On Topic: General
- Apple expected to buy personalized talk radio app Swell for $30 million
- European Commission OKs Apple's $3B purchase of Beats
- Apple acquires startup BookLamp for between $10M to $15M in bid to bolster iBooks discovery
- Amazon stock dips after anaemic third quarter, tepid reception for Fire Phone
- Bose files lawsuit against Apple's Beats over noise canceling tech