Adobe releases Photoshop, Premiere Elements 10 on Apple's Mac App Store"Special editions" of Adobe's consumer-oriented editing software, Photoshop Elements 10 and Premiere Elements 10, are now available to purchase on Apple's Mac App Store.
Both Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 Editor and Adobe Premiere Elements 10 Editor are available on the Mac App Store for $79.99 each. The "Editor" portion of the name reflects the fact that the Mac App Store versions of the software do not include the Elements Organizer or support case-sensitive HFS volumes, while Premiere Elements 10 Editor also lacks Smartsound capability.
The release of "special editions" of Adobe's consumer photo and video editing software comes less than two months after they were released at retail. The full version of both Photoshop Elements 10 and Premiere Elements 10 come at a higher suggested price of $99.99 each.
Adobe originally debuted on the Mac App Store in July with the release of Photoshop Elements 9 Editor. Adobe's support of the Mac App Store is noteworthy, as many of Apple's competitors have chosen to avoid the digital distribution storefront, which gives Apple a 30 percent cut of sales.
Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 Editor
Adobe is pitching its Mac App Store version of Photoshop Elements 10 as a product that "works great with iPhoto when you're ready to go beyond the basics." The $79.99 purchase includes all of the editing features of the full version, and can be installed in English, German, French and Japanese.
The "top features" of Photoshop Elements 10 Editor, according to Adobe, are:
- Go from flawed to phenomenal in seconds with automated options that help you get great results with just a few clicks. Simply paint effects and patterns on photos to achieve stunning results.
- Count on step-by-step assistanceLet Guided Edits help you achieve both basic edits and artistic effects by walking you through each step. New options help you create dramatic Depth of Field, Picture Stack and Orton effects.
- Make unwanted photo elements vanish with one stroke of the enhanced Spot Healing Brush that fills in backgrounds beautifully, powered by the content-aware fill technology from Adobe Photoshop.
- Create the perfect photo by easily combining the best from multiple photos. Create great group shots, expanded panoramas, perfectly lit shots, and more.
- Share the way you want using flexible templates to create photo books, cards, calendars, and more. Add curvy, flowing text that automatically flows around subjects, shapes or any path you choose.
Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 Editor requires Mac OS X 10.6.6 or later. It is a 1.21GB download. Other features of the "special edition" software listed by Adobe are:
- Layers-based image editing with enhanced support for layer masks and layer styles
- Transform images using powerful compositing and image extraction tools
- Over 50 tools for selecting cropping, painting, typing, retouching and adjusting
- Powerful, automated color correction tools with precise control over different image parameters
- Hundreds of filters with unlimited options
- Extensive 3rd party plug-in support
- Advanced text typography
- Adjust image size and resolution
- Prepare and export images for the web
- Create Picture Packages and Contact Sheets for fantastic print output
Adobe Premiere Elements 10 Editor
Like Photoshop Elements 10 Editor, Premiere Elements 10 Editor can be installed in English, German, French and Japanese. Adobe's description touts that its award-winning video editor allows users to "turn your video clips into memorable movies." Top features are:
- Create a polished movie instantlyInstantMovie automatically edits together your best clips with coordinated music, titles, and effects from your choice of movie theme. Enjoy over 30 fun themes.
- Save time with automated optionsFix shaky footage, color and lighting problems, trim away all but your best footage, and balance audio elements to give you professional-quality sound throughout your movie.
- Easily do more with video clips and photosMake all your memories shine whether theyre captured on video or in photos. Enhance color in video clips as easily as with photos, and quickly bring photos to life using customized pan and zoom motions.
- Quickly add professional polish with TV-style visual and audio effects.
- Showcase clips and movies anywhere, including on discs, HD TVs, Facebook and YouTube. Also share via convenient DVD-style viewing experience online.
Adobe Premiere Elements 10 Editor also requires Mac OS X 10.6.6 or later. It is a 924MB download from the Mac App Store. Additional features listed by Adobe are:
- Storyboard or timeline view with 99 audio and video tracks for unlimited creative possibilities
- Hundreds of effects and transitions
- Professional quality audio effects and controls
- HD or SD format support for importing, editing and sharing
- Automatic trimming of poor footage (SmartTrim)
- Full keyframing for effects and motions
- Powerful compositing options including blue/green screen and multiple picture-in-picture effects
- Effects masking & motion tracking
- Customizable, flexible workspace
- Easy title creation with dozens of templates and full creative control of backgrounds, text formatting, animations and more
- Custom disc menus
- Export to AVCHD, burn to DVD or Blu-ray, all within a single program
- Burn HD video to standard DVDs
On Topic: Software
- Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac released with macOS Sierra support, Toolbox app
- Skype cloud shift will require OS X Yosemite or iOS 8 for full support on Apple devices
- MacKeeper threatens 14-year-old YouTube video maker with harassment suit
- Adobe releases Photoshop and Premiere Elements 14 for Mac with new tools
- Parallels Desktop 11 launches with support for El Capitan, Windows 10, Cortana and more