Apple begins testing Mac OS X 10.7.3 with focus on iCloud storageApple on Tuesday began widespread testing of Mac OS X 10.7.3, the third maintenance update to its relatively new Lion operating system that will improve upon iCloud's Documents in the Cloud, among a handful of other areas.
People familiar with the first external build of the forthcoming update — labeled OS X Lion 10.7.3 build 11D16 — say the Mac maker has requested developers to focus their evaluation efforts on iCal calendars, Mail, AddressBook and iCloud's document storage.
The 633MB delta update is reported to have no known issues at this time. It was accompanied by a pre-release copy of OS X Lion Server 10.7.3 that carried the same build number and set of focus areas.
Apple last updated Mac OS X 10.7 Lion in mid-October when it released Mac OS X 10.7.2, which delivered initial Mac support for iCloud.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Microsoft brings Visual Studio Code, .NET Core preview to Mac
- Tweets coming to Apple's Spotlight search, Twitter CEO says
- Pixelmator 3.3.2 adds support for Apple's new Force Touch trackpad, gains improved repair tool
- Mac tips: Preview links in Safari with a three-finger tap
- Apple seeds OS X 10.10.4 beta 2 to developers, public beta testers