Apple set to announce likely its best quarter ever on January 24Apple on Wednesday confirmed that it will report its fiscal first-quarter earnings on Tuesday, Jan. 24, when it will reveal the results of the iPhone 4S launch and holiday shopping season.
Officials at Apple already projected during their last quarterly earnings conference call in October that they were "confident" they would set new company records for both the iPhone and iPad in the just-concluded September quarter. The existing records are 20.3 million iPhones and 11.2 million iPads.
The December quarter represents not only the holiday buying season, but also the launch quarter for the iPhone 4S. During the quarter, Apple initiated its fastest iPhone roll-out yet, debuting the handset in the U.S., U.K., Japan, Hong Kong, India, and even Russia, Brazil and Taiwan late in the quarter.
Current expectations on Wall Street call for Apple to report profits of $9.83 billion on revenue of $38.16 billion. A total of 46 analysts polled skew as high as $10.74 billion and as low as $8.88 billion in their predicted revenue.
Recent rumors have suggested Apple's earnings report won't be the company's only public newsworthy event later this month. Apple is also said to be gearing up for a press conference in New York City where a publishing-related announcement pertaining to education is expected to occur.
As usual, AppleInsider will have live, extensive coverage of Apple's earnings report and conference call when they occur on Jan. 24.
On Topic: Investor
- Apple R&D spend breaks $10B barrier in 2016 after $350M increase in Q4
- Wall Street positive on Apple's Q4 earnings, bullish on iPhone 7 holiday sales
- Revenue from Apple Music, Apple Pay & other Apple services jumps 24 percent in Q4
- Notes of interest from Apple's Q4 2016 conference call
- After first revenue decline in 15 years, Apple forecasts return to growth in holiday quarter