Apple set to announce likely its best quarter ever on January 24Apple on Wednesday confirmed that it will report its fiscal first-quarter earnings on Tuesday, Jan. 24, when it will reveal the results of the iPhone 4S launch and holiday shopping season.
Officials at Apple already projected during their last quarterly earnings conference call in October that they were "confident" they would set new company records for both the iPhone and iPad in the just-concluded September quarter. The existing records are 20.3 million iPhones and 11.2 million iPads.
The December quarter represents not only the holiday buying season, but also the launch quarter for the iPhone 4S. During the quarter, Apple initiated its fastest iPhone roll-out yet, debuting the handset in the U.S., U.K., Japan, Hong Kong, India, and even Russia, Brazil and Taiwan late in the quarter.
Current expectations on Wall Street call for Apple to report profits of $9.83 billion on revenue of $38.16 billion. A total of 46 analysts polled skew as high as $10.74 billion and as low as $8.88 billion in their predicted revenue.
Recent rumors have suggested Apple's earnings report won't be the company's only public newsworthy event later this month. Apple is also said to be gearing up for a press conference in New York City where a publishing-related announcement pertaining to education is expected to occur.
As usual, AppleInsider will have live, extensive coverage of Apple's earnings report and conference call when they occur on Jan. 24.
On Topic: Investor
- Apple to reveal fiscal Q3 2015 earnings on July 21
- Buyers opting for higher capacity iPhones, likely boosting Apple profits, RBC survey finds
- Apple on pace to sell 53M iPhones in June quarter, Apple Watch demand sustaining 'healthy' levels
- Subscription music service expected to boost iPhone experience, but not Apple's profits
- Apple holds grip on 5th place in Fortune 500 thanks to iPhone, Mac sales