Apple adds new MacBook retail configurationsApple Computer recently added two new retail configurations to its MacBook line of consumer notebooks, both of which are now available at most of the company's stores, AppleInsider has learned.
A new 2.0GHz white MacBook configuration packs an additional 512MB of RAM and 20GB of extra hard disk space, for a total of 1GB of RAM (via two 512MB SODIMMs) and 80GB of storage.
The new model retails for $1449, or $150 more than the 2.0GHz white MacBook with 512MB of RAM and a 60GB hard disk. Both configurations included Apple's SuperDrive optical disc drive.
Meanwhile, Apple has also introduced a new configuration of its black 2.0GHz MacBook, dubbed the "MacBook Ultimate."
The $1599 model includes 1GB of RAM (also via two 512MB SODIMMs), but otherwise is identical to the company's $1499 MacBook, which includes 512MB of RAM, an 80GB hard disk and SuperDrive.
The two new configurations expand Apple's MacBook offerings to five retail configurations.
On Topic: General
- This week on AppleInsider: Apple Music, Beats 1, new iPods, car plans & more
- AppleInsider podcast discusses Apple Music & the iPhone's 8th birthday, plus listener questions
- New video showcases Apple's participation in 2015 San Francisco Pride Parade
- Apple investigating ways to embed health sensors, fingerprint readers, chargers into iPhone logos
- Apple officially recognizes Jony Ive's promotion, adds VP of design bios to leadership webpage