Photos from the Nike+iPod launch in ChicagoNike and Apple today formally unveiled their Nike+iPod Sport Kit with major launch events at Niketown retail stores located in New York, Chicago and Los Angeles. Some photos from the Chicago event follow.
Before you get to browsing, we'll warn you that the quality of these photos is not up to par with our recent product shots of the kit, but a correspondent was nice enough to send them along — so be nice when posting in the forums.
Niketown Chicago is hosting "an entire day of music" in connection with the adjacent Apple store on North Michigan Avenue between Erie and Superior. Mae performed a lunchtime concert from 12:00pm - 1:00pm. Chicago cover band Underwater People is playing sets throughout the day untill 7:00pm.
Earlier this morning, Niketown New York hosted a special event from 10:00am - 11:00am featuring Nike baseball players Mariano Rivera (New York), Chien-Ming Wang (New York) and AJ Pierzynski (Chicago), basketball player Ben Gordon (Chicago), retired basketball player Cynthia Cooper (Houston), Olympic speedskater Chad Hedrick and Olympic snowboarder Lindsey Jacobellis.
At 6:30pm, Apple and Nike will also host a 3.5 mile cross-Manhattan run beginning at Niketown's Midtown store, and taking runners past the Apple Store Fifth Avenue on their way to the Apple Store SoHo.
Niketown Los Angeles is also holding a retail celebration hosted by local personality Carol Lewis and featuring Jeff Garcia from Power 106.
On Topic: iPod
- Promotional images suggest Apple's new iPod colors will launch July 14
- Apple leaks new gold, deep blue and hot pink iPod colors in iTunes 12.2
- iPod's disappearance from top of Apple website signals further slide into obscurity
- Apple's dwindling iPod lineup to see long-awaited refresh this year
- Chess grandmaster hid an iPod touch in the bathroom to cheat during tournaments