Tuesday, August 22, 2006, 09:00 am PT (12:00 pm ET)
Apple to host event at PhotokinaApple Computer is inviting members of the European media to a presentation next month at the Photokina imaging trade show in Germany.
It's the first time Apple will have a presence at the Cologne-based show, which is expected to draw some 160,000 visitors from 140 countries. In addition to its presentation to the media, Apple will also be exhibiting at the event.
"We're happy and proud to be welcoming Apple to Cologne," said Oliver P. Kuhrt, executive VP of Koelnmesse GmbH, the trade show company organizing the event. "It's a company whose innovative, lifestyle-oriented products have attracted a great deal of attention in recent years.
It's believed that Apple may use the event to highlight upcoming enhancements to Aperture, its all-in-one post production tool for photographers.
Photokina runs between September 26 and October 1. Apple's special presentation is scheduled for September 25th, the eve of the event.
On Topic: General
- Ousted Apple exec Scott Forstall reportedly advising startups, focusing on philanthropy
- Apple Stores offering free 'Hour of Code' development classes this Wednesday
- Apple joins Google, Microsoft, others in support of government surveillance reform
- Apple honors Nelson Mandela on company homepage
- In lieu of a Retina Thunderbolt Display, Apple now selling 4K IGZO Sharp LED monitor