Apple to host event at PhotokinaApple Computer is inviting members of the European media to a presentation next month at the Photokina imaging trade show in Germany.
It's the first time Apple will have a presence at the Cologne-based show, which is expected to draw some 160,000 visitors from 140 countries. In addition to its presentation to the media, Apple will also be exhibiting at the event.
"We're happy and proud to be welcoming Apple to Cologne," said Oliver P. Kuhrt, executive VP of Koelnmesse GmbH, the trade show company organizing the event. "It's a company whose innovative, lifestyle-oriented products have attracted a great deal of attention in recent years.
It's believed that Apple may use the event to highlight upcoming enhancements to Aperture, its all-in-one post production tool for photographers.
Photokina runs between September 26 and October 1. Apple's special presentation is scheduled for September 25th, the eve of the event.
On Topic: General
- Apple, Google no-poach settlement reportedly on road to approval
- Upcoming Steve Jobs biography dives deep into Apple cofounder's life, features interviews with Tim Cook, Jony Ive, more
- Nissan, Daimler CEOs split on prospect of rumored Apple Car
- Google postpones iOS 8-style full-disk encryption of Android devices
- Race to beat Apple Pay picks up, as PayPal buys CurrentC-linked Paydiant