News flash: Apple confirms Sept 12 media eventIn a digital invitation sent out to US-based media this morning, Apple confirmed that it will hold a special event on September 12 to introduce new products and services.
"It's Showtime," reads the invite, which displays a two-dimensional white Apple logo swept by four crisscrossing Hollywood movie premiere spotlights on a navy blue background.
The event is scheduled for 10:00 am local time at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts Theater in San Francisco, Calif.
Apple is expected to use the event to usher in a new chapter in its digital media strategy, which should include new iMacs, iPods, iTunes movies and 'one more thing.'
The Apple Invite
The Yerba Buena Center Theater
On Topic: General
- Tidal gets Mac beta software, Google Drive for iOS switches to Material Design
- What to expect from Apple's WWDC 2015 keynote: iOS 9, OS X 10.11, new Apple TV, more [u]
- Job listing reveals Apple Maps will become available cross-platform via the Web
- Apple's Cook speaks out against public, private data harvesting policies
- Senate passes USA Freedom Act, restores some NSA surveillance powers