Friday, January 05, 2007, 07:10 am PT (10:10 am ET)
Briefly: Quanta to build 4.5 million MacBooks for AppleQuanta Computer will deliver as many as 4.5 million MacBook computers to Apple Computer during the course of the 2007 calendar year, the Chinese-language Apple Daily reported on Friday.
The Taiwanese notebook manufacturer, along with Foxconn, had been responsible for churning out 15-inch and 17-inch MacBook Pro models.
It will now join Asustek in production of Apple's more popular 13-inch MacBooks, as well, the paper said.
Quanta is reported to have declined comment on the report.
On Topic: General
- G-Technology to ship Thunderbolt 2 'Studio Series' RAID arrays in mid-May, up to 24TB
- LaCie reveals year-long security breach at online store
- Samsung calls on computer scientists to refute Apple patent claims
- Judge denies Apple motion to dismiss states' e-books suit
- Revenue from mobile device displays to surpass televisions for first time in 2014