Briefly: Quanta to build 4.5 million MacBooks for AppleQuanta Computer will deliver as many as 4.5 million MacBook computers to Apple Computer during the course of the 2007 calendar year, the Chinese-language Apple Daily reported on Friday.
The Taiwanese notebook manufacturer, along with Foxconn, had been responsible for churning out 15-inch and 17-inch MacBook Pro models.
It will now join Asustek in production of Apple's more popular 13-inch MacBooks, as well, the paper said.
Quanta is reported to have declined comment on the report.
On Topic: General
- Union pushes Apple for better treatment of campus security guards
- More secrets could come from GT Advanced bankruptcy as Apple divulges details to creditors
- Google's search deal with Apple expires in early 2015, could bring new default to Safari
- Facebook details upcoming privacy changes with notifications to users on mobile & desktop
- Universal Studios takes over Steve Jobs biopic, Michael Fassbender to star