Friday, January 05, 2007, 07:10 am PT (10:10 am ET)
Briefly: Quanta to build 4.5 million MacBooks for AppleQuanta Computer will deliver as many as 4.5 million MacBook computers to Apple Computer during the course of the 2007 calendar year, the Chinese-language Apple Daily reported on Friday.
The Taiwanese notebook manufacturer, along with Foxconn, had been responsible for churning out 15-inch and 17-inch MacBook Pro models.
It will now join Asustek in production of Apple's more popular 13-inch MacBooks, as well, the paper said.
Quanta is reported to have declined comment on the report.
On Topic: General
- Apple expanding AppleCare+ warranties internationally, now available in Mexico & Sweden
- Apple patents smart navigation routing with crowd-sourced stop light pattern recognition
- Microsoft uses Apple's Siri to prop up Windows' new 'Cortana' virtual assistant
- Apple drops cross-appeal of final judgment in Samsung lawsuit, no longer seeks permanent injunction
- Apple expected to buy personalized talk radio app Swell for $30 million