Friday, January 05, 2007, 07:10 am PT (10:10 am ET)
Briefly: Quanta to build 4.5 million MacBooks for AppleQuanta Computer will deliver as many as 4.5 million MacBook computers to Apple Computer during the course of the 2007 calendar year, the Chinese-language Apple Daily reported on Friday.
The Taiwanese notebook manufacturer, along with Foxconn, had been responsible for churning out 15-inch and 17-inch MacBook Pro models.
It will now join Asustek in production of Apple's more popular 13-inch MacBooks, as well, the paper said.
Quanta is reported to have declined comment on the report.
On Topic: General
- Apple, Samsung dispute tentative juror verdict form in California patent trial
- NBC's 'Today' offers rare look inside Apple's iCloud data center in feature on environment
- Apple reaches settlement in Silicon Valley anti-poaching lawsuit [ux2]
- Google exec & social networking chief Vic Gundotra leaves company
- Tim Cook offering lunch date at Apple HQ for charity