Macworld: Intel says it's not supplying chip for Apple iPhoneIntel Corp. on Wednesday denied a a claim that it would be the supplier of the primary chip inside Apple's just-announced iPhone, but confirmed that it is supplying chips for the Apple TV set-top media box.
"We are not providing the silicon inside the iPhone," Intel spokesman Bill Kirkus told Reuters. "We are providing the silicon inside the Apple TV."
Intel was responding to an earlier Reuters report that quoted an Apple spokesman in Germany as saying Intel would supply the central processing unit (CPU) for the iPhone.
Representatives for the world's largest chip maker offered no additional comment.
On Topic: General
- Belkin refreshes Express Dock with Thunderbolt 3 USB-C connector
- Apple partners with LG to make new 4K & 5K UltraFine Displays
- Twitter cuts 9 percent of its workforce, Vine getting axed
- AppleInsider is live at Apple's 'Hello Again' MacBook Pro event -- tap here for instant analysis
- Apple avoids executive's prison term in settlement over unpaid Italian taxes