Macworld: Intel says it's not supplying chip for Apple iPhoneIntel Corp. on Wednesday denied a a claim that it would be the supplier of the primary chip inside Apple's just-announced iPhone, but confirmed that it is supplying chips for the Apple TV set-top media box.
"We are not providing the silicon inside the iPhone," Intel spokesman Bill Kirkus told Reuters. "We are providing the silicon inside the Apple TV."
Intel was responding to an earlier Reuters report that quoted an Apple spokesman in Germany as saying Intel would supply the central processing unit (CPU) for the iPhone.
Representatives for the world's largest chip maker offered no additional comment.
On Topic: General
- Union pushes Apple for better treatment of campus security guards
- More secrets could come from GT Advanced bankruptcy as Apple divulges details to creditors
- Google's search deal with Apple expires in early 2015, could bring new default to Safari
- Facebook details upcoming privacy changes with notifications to users on mobile & desktop
- Universal Studios takes over Steve Jobs biopic, Michael Fassbender to star