Apple and Google working on "many more" projectsGoogle chief executive Eric Schmidt said Monday that Google and Apple are continuing to collaborate on many new initiatives.
Schmidt made the comments at the Morgan Stanley Technology Conference in San Francisco while responding to a question concerning rumors that the two firms were working on a tablet-style personal computer.
Without commenting specifically on the rumor, Schmidt reportedly said Google and Apple are "doing more and more things together."
"We have similar goals, similar competitors," he added.
Thus far, Apple has integrated Google's geographical mapping service into its upcoming iPhone hand set. Rumors have also suggested that Google's technology will play an increasing role in the Mac maker's upcoming Leopard operating system release.
Schmidt, in addition to his role atop Google's executive hierarchy, is also a member of Apple's board of directors.
On Topic: General
- KGI: iPhone sales forecast at 73M for Q4 ahead of Apple Watch debut in March, 12" MacBook Air in Q1
- I Bet My Life: Microsoft HoloLens perfectly targets its core competency
- Huge crowds gather for Apple Store grnd opening in Hangzhou, China
- Apple features calligrapher who created Hangzhou Apple Store mural in 'About the Artist' video
- T-Mobile to extend smartphone financing to customers with bad or no credit