Wednesday, September 05, 2007, 11:05 am PT (02:05 pm ET)
Apple slashes 8GB iPhone price to $399, 4GB model to fadeApple said Wednesday that it is on track to sell its one millionth iPhone before the end of September, and to make iPhone affordable for even more customers this holiday season, it is lowering the price of the most popular iPhone model with 8GB of storage from $599 to just $399.
"The surveys are in and iPhone customer satisfaction scores are higher than we've ever seen for any Apple product," said Apple chief executive Steve Jobs. "We've clearly got a breakthrough product and we want to make it affordable for even more customers as we enter this holiday season."
The 8GB iPhone is available immediately for $399 in the US through Apple's retail and online stores and AT&T retail stores.
The iPhone 4GB model will be sold while supplies last for $299, Apple said.
On Topic: General
- Apple patents tech for making curved touch surfaces, displays
- Ousted Apple exec Scott Forstall reportedly advising startups, focusing on philanthropy
- Apple Stores offering free 'Hour of Code' development classes this Wednesday
- Apple joins Google, Microsoft, others in support of government surveillance reform
- Apple honors Nelson Mandela on company homepage