Apple slashes 8GB iPhone price to $399, 4GB model to fadeApple said Wednesday that it is on track to sell its one millionth iPhone before the end of September, and to make iPhone affordable for even more customers this holiday season, it is lowering the price of the most popular iPhone model with 8GB of storage from $599 to just $399.
"The surveys are in and iPhone customer satisfaction scores are higher than we've ever seen for any Apple product," said Apple chief executive Steve Jobs. "We've clearly got a breakthrough product and we want to make it affordable for even more customers as we enter this holiday season."
The 8GB iPhone is available immediately for $399 in the US through Apple's retail and online stores and AT&T retail stores.
The iPhone 4GB model will be sold while supplies last for $299, Apple said.
On Topic: General
- AppleInsider podcast talks MacBook Pro with Touch Bar, Apple TV and 'TV' app
- Belkin refreshes Express Dock with Thunderbolt 3 USB-C connector
- Apple partners with LG to make new 4K & 5K UltraFine Displays
- Twitter cuts 9 percent of its workforce, Vine getting axed
- AppleInsider is live at Apple's 'Hello Again' MacBook Pro event -- tap here for instant analysis