Apple planning entrance into home-appliance market?Rumors that Apple plans to enter the home-appliance market are some of the most recent whispers to come out of Cupertino, California, sources recently told AppleInsider.
As usual, the details are scarce. But according to once source, the company\'s R&D dollars are being thrown at the development of a self-branded product based on an existing segment of the home-appliance market.
The company will reportedly attempt to repeat the success it had when entered the existing portable digital music player market, only this time with a consumer appliance \"done the right way.\" Also, like the iPod, the product is said to exist as its own entity and product, rather than an extension of the Macintosh platform.
If the rumors are true, further details should become available in the latter half of the year, when sources claim the product should be ready for market.
On Topic: General
- YouTube said to be planning 'Unplugged' live TV as soon as 2017
- Hulu confirms plans to launch live TV streaming in 2017
- Apple's iPhone is most influential gadget ever, says TIME
- Tim Cook talks Apple ethos, government issues, role models and more
- Jony Ive explains Apple's interest in wearables, design philosophy at Met Gala 2016