Amazon leaks Mac OS X Tiger release date? (Updated)Has an online retailer accidently divulged information pertaining to the release of Apple\'s next generation operating system?
A recently added Amazon.com product pre-order page for Apple Computer\'s forthcoming Mac OS X 10.4 \"Tiger\" operating system surprisingly indicates that the product will ship in late March.
\"This item will be released on March 31, 2005. You may order it now and we will ship it to you when it arrives,\" the web page reads. Like previous releases, the software is priced at (US) $129.95, but no further product details are provided.
Apple—a company synonymous with secrecy—has traditionally shyed away from the temerarious practice of pinpointing precise release dates for software products still under development.
Although the web-based retailer is a large mover of Apple goods and sometimes privy to advanced information, it\'s unlikely that Amazon could provide specific release dates in advance of Apple. The published release date is likely an approximation based on information passed on by the computer company.
Apple announced Mac OS X 10.4 \"Tiger\" at its World Wide Developers Conference in June and said that it would be released in the first half of 2005.
Update: As of 7:00 pm EST Amazon.com has removed the March 31st release date. The product page now reads, \"This item is not stocked or has been discontinued.\"
On Topic: General
- Alphabet executive steps down from Uber board as firms prep driverless cars
- Apple event invite inspires wild speculation about 'iPhone 7' iris scanning, bokeh, more
- EU will order Ireland to collect over $1B in back taxes from Apple - report
- Apple sends invitations for 'iPhone 7' event on Sept. 7: 'See you on the 7th'
- Sell your iPhone trade-in to BuyBackWorld ahead of Apple's iPhone 7 and grab a 10% cash bonus