Wednesday, February 09, 2005, 01:00 pm PT (04:00 pm ET)
Apple releases Mac OS X 10.3.8Apple releases maintenance update to Mac OS X 10.3 "Panther" operating system.
Apple on Wednesday afternoon released both Mac OS X 10.3.8 and Mac OS X Server 10.3.8.
According to Apple documents, a list of enhancements delivered by the Mac OS X 10.3.8 Client Update include: improved OpenGL technology and updated ATI and NVIDIA graphics drivers; improved file sharing and directory services for mixed Mac and PC networks; improved compatibility for third party applications and devices; and previous standalone security updates.
Meanwhile, key updates to Mac OS X 10.3.8 Server include: improved reliability of Open Directory replication and PDC authentication; more reliable binding to Active Directory domains; improved compatibility for third party applications and devices; and previous standalone security updates.
Both updates are recommended for all users. The updates weigh in at 27.7MB and 27MB for the client and server editions, respectively. At press time, Apple had posted the software packages to its Web site, but had yet to distribute the releases through its Mac OS X Software Update mechanism.
On Topic: General
- Apple falls to 35th spot in annual 'Best Places to Work' employee survey
- Apple to open larger San Francisco Stonestown store, new Dusseldorf location on Dec. 14
- Apple patents tech for making curved touch surfaces, displays
- Ousted Apple exec Scott Forstall reportedly advising startups, focusing on philanthropy
- Apple Stores offering free 'Hour of Code' development classes this Wednesday