Thursday, March 03, 2005, 01:00 pm PT (04:00 pm ET)
NYU warns students against wearing iPod EarbudsNew York University has begun a campaign to warn its students against sporting iPod earbud headphones while venturing on and off campus, according to tipsters. The tiny, white earbud headphones, which ship with Apple's iPod digital music players, have become a telltale sign for thieves looking to hijack iPods in the fast-paced streets of Manhattan. This week members of the campus community began plastering NYU dorms with posters warning students not to wear the standard iPod headphones. According tipsters enrolled in the college, there have been an increasing number reports from students who've been held up by city crooks demanding that they hand over their iPod. They suggest it's time Apple begins offering a less recognizable alternative.
On Topic: General
- Apple's 'smart dock' would give Siri a permanent place in the home
- Apple usurps Dell as most wanted desktop brand for holiday season
- New Union Square Apple Store renderings add water feature to plaza
- Next-gen USB connector a reversible challenge to Apple's Thunderbolt & Lightning
- Apple investigating ways to add depth to iPhone photos