Thursday, March 03, 2005, 01:00 pm PT (04:00 pm ET)
NYU warns students against wearing iPod EarbudsNew York University has begun a campaign to warn its students against sporting iPod earbud headphones while venturing on and off campus, according to tipsters. The tiny, white earbud headphones, which ship with Apple's iPod digital music players, have become a telltale sign for thieves looking to hijack iPods in the fast-paced streets of Manhattan. This week members of the campus community began plastering NYU dorms with posters warning students not to wear the standard iPod headphones. According tipsters enrolled in the college, there have been an increasing number reports from students who've been held up by city crooks demanding that they hand over their iPod. They suggest it's time Apple begins offering a less recognizable alternative.
On Topic: General
- Leak suggests new Fitbit Surge smartwatch will best Apple Watch by integrating GPS
- Hacks targeting Chinese iCloud users prompt Apple CEO Tim Cook to meet China's vice premier
- Apple's Maps Connect portal lets local businesses create, add details to listings
- Apple leadership awarded restricted stock unit bonus currently worth $19M
- Apple spent $1M on lobbying US government in Q3, focused on health, data privacy, more