Apple Store Coming to West Palm BeachApple Computer's retail division has finalized contracts for yet another one of the company's trademark "Apple Stores," sources told SlapTech.com late Tuesday evening. The store, which will reside in the Wellington Green Mall in West Palm Beach, Florida, was originally scheduled to open with the new mall last October. However, contract and rent negotiations between Apple and mall owner, Taubman Centers Inc., went sour.
According to independent sources, Apple and Taubman resolved negotiation disputes back in February of this year. Since then, Apple has owned the lease to retail space on the second floor of the Wellington Green Mall.
While physical signs have yet to be posted, sources have confirmed Apple job openings in the area. A source employed at the Wellington Green facility has also reported receiving information from Apple for the mall's database and info guides. "Apple plans to begin modeling the interior of the store this summer. The store will open in August."
Update: 2:03 PM PT
A SlapTech.com reader has point us to the Wellington Green website, where the Apple Store can be seen in the mall's directory listing. The current status reads "Opening Soon."
On Topic: General
- How virtual and augmented reality could play a role in Apple's future
- This week on AI: Three iPhones in 2017, Apple takes on Snapchat, surprise iOS 9.3.5 update & more
- AppleInsider podcast talks Apple Health, machine learning, 'iPhone 7' rumors
- Apple gets green light to add 1,000 jobs at Irish headquarters
- Watchdog group finds Pegatron exploiting workers in lead up to 'iPhone 7' launch