We are currently experiencing server issues, please excuse any mess. More details are availble here.
More iCal 1.5 Features Emerge as iSync, Safari Updates Near FinalDespite some claims of iCal 1.5 completion, the development team has steadily progressed onward over the past two weeks. The major upgrade to Apple's multifunctional desktop calendar currently resides at build number 600 and is just shy of completion.
In addition to the numerous enhancements listed in last week's report, sources have chimed in to detail further iCal 1.5 features. Apparently, user's of version 1.5 will be able to "Snooze" alarm clock events and jump to event info from the alarm dialog. Additionally, alarms can be added to iCal 1.5's 'To Do' items, and can trigger Apple scripts that begin playing songs from an iTunes library.
The new version of iCal will allow users to publish and subscribe to calendars on servers that are located behind a firewall of require the use of a proxy server, sources added. Other nifty additions include customized calendar colors and keyboard shortcuts to edit multiple events at the same time.
Meanwhile, the company's development of iSync 1.2 and Safari 1.1 has slowed almost to a halt, giving credence to rumors that these applications are now stable. Both apps have appeared with same build numbers (94, and 112, respectively) over the last several Mac OS X 10.3 Panther seeds. Though according to sources, Safari 1.1 is currently incompatible with Pre-Panther builds.
iChat AV also appears to be final.
On Topic: General
- First look: DJI touts Mavic Pro drone's compact design, spotlights continued partnership with Apple
- DJI launches ultraportable iOS-connected Mavic Pro camera drone for $999
- Apple patents laser mapping system, hybrid mechanical-capacitive keyboard, invisible I/O connectors
- Apple, Silicon Valley raised millions to fund Hillary Clinton platform backing tech's positions on encryption, privacy, innovation, patents, education
- Disney said to be weighing Twitter purchase to bolster online video efforts