Apple Seeds Panther Server 7B52, Jaguar Client 6R54Earlier this week Apple continued with its seedings of Panther Server and Jaguar Client.
Mac OS X 10.3 Server 7B53
The Server software resides at build 7B52 and is being seeded as a 3 CD set. The first CD contains the core file system, while the second contains additional subsystem components and applications. A third CD 'ServerAdminCD' contains the likes of administrative tools. According to sources, the only clean installs of Server are currently supported. Additionally, administrators can preform remote installations of Mac OS X Server Panther but must configure the system locally.
Mac OS X 10.2.7 6R54
Power Macintosh G5 units have already begun shipping with stable builds of Mac OS X 10.2.7 Jaguar, though the release has yet to be declared final. The Gold Master version will yield support for forthcoming iMac consumer desktops and PowerBook and iBook laptops, including updated Energy Saver power management for the new breed of portables. Other targeted system components include USB, FireWire and Bluetooth. As of build 6R54, issues still remain with a new version of Apple's DVD Player, sources added.
On Topic: General
- Google preps self-driving car facility near Detroit as Chrysler partnership ramps up
- China's Xiaomi shows off new $460 4K camera drone
- Apple supplier Foxconn replaces 60,000 workers with robots
- Microsoft set to axe nearly 2,000 jobs in bid to 'streamline' smartphone biz
- Indian finance minister shoots down prospect of local Apple Stores - report