Apple To Showcase Finalized Mac OS X 10.3 Panther @ Apple ExpoApple CEO Steve Jobs will showcase a finalized version of the company's next-generation operating system in Paris, France at 1 PM on September 16th, sources said. While the OS may not be of Gold Master status at the time, it's feature set will be final.
Jobs is expected to highlight a number of new features previously unannounced by the company as well as pinpoint a release date for the system, sources added. The title of Jobs' presentation is said to be "Introducing the New Version of Mac OS X."
Giving credence to higher than usual expectations for the annual over-seas conference, several senior or managerial members of Apple Americas and Apple Europe, who where previously not scheduled to make the trip to Paris, have recently had their plans changed.
On Topic: General
- Samsung still No. 1 smartphone vendor, but Note 7 knocked marketshare back to 2014
- Galaxy Note 7 fiasco leaves Samsung mobile profits a smoldering ash pile
- Microsoft Surface Dial evokes comparison to Griffin PowerMate for Mac
- Apple pushes Campus 2 completion into 2017, possibly changing move-in plans
- Apple's wireless AirPods hit delays, won't meet October launch window