Apple To Showcase Finalized Mac OS X 10.3 Panther @ Apple ExpoApple CEO Steve Jobs will showcase a finalized version of the company's next-generation operating system in Paris, France at 1 PM on September 16th, sources said. While the OS may not be of Gold Master status at the time, it's feature set will be final.
Jobs is expected to highlight a number of new features previously unannounced by the company as well as pinpoint a release date for the system, sources added. The title of Jobs' presentation is said to be "Introducing the New Version of Mac OS X."
Giving credence to higher than usual expectations for the annual over-seas conference, several senior or managerial members of Apple Americas and Apple Europe, who where previously not scheduled to make the trip to Paris, have recently had their plans changed.
On Topic: General
- Apple debuts new 2TB iCloud storage option for $19.99 per month
- Google to bring Waze ridesharing San Francisco-wide, may set stage for driverless service
- BitTorrent app Transmission once again source of macOS malware
- Turkey's deputy PM encourages Apple to move in wake of EU tax ruling
- New Apple patent would allow touch-sensing surfaces made using Liquidmetal tech