Apple Targeting 3G Phone MarketAccording to an article published in The Straits Times, Apple is banking on its QuickTime technology to fuel the next generation of mobile cell-phones based on the Third Generation Partnership Project (3GPP).
The 3GPP standard is based on MPEG, which, in turn, was developed QuickTime and will enable users to transfer videos easily between computers and 3G-enabled mobile phones.
Frank Casanova, Apple's director for QuickTime product marketing, was in Singapore last week for a whirlwind promotion of the 3GPP mobile platform to telcos in the region, the article states.
Apple recently included their 3GPP component in the standard distribution of QuickTime version 6.4.
On Topic: General
- DJI debuts iPhone-connected Osmo+ camera with zoom & other enhancements
- Future iPhones might collect fingerprints, photos of thieves
- US Treasury takes last stab at deterring tax judgment against Apple & Ireland
- French & German interior ministers call on EU to enable access to encrypted data
- Tim Cook's crucial role at Apple extends well beyond his 5 years as CEO