Apple Targeting 3G Phone MarketAccording to an article published in The Straits Times, Apple is banking on its QuickTime technology to fuel the next generation of mobile cell-phones based on the Third Generation Partnership Project (3GPP).
The 3GPP standard is based on MPEG, which, in turn, was developed QuickTime and will enable users to transfer videos easily between computers and 3G-enabled mobile phones.
Frank Casanova, Apple's director for QuickTime product marketing, was in Singapore last week for a whirlwind promotion of the 3GPP mobile platform to telcos in the region, the article states.
Apple recently included their 3GPP component in the standard distribution of QuickTime version 6.4.
On Topic: General
- This week on AppleInsider: Ive's promotion, Apple Watch apps, augmented reality & more
- Apple CEO Tim Cook donates $6.56M to charity
- Exclusive Video: Apple Campus 2 Spaceship ring rising with Lego-like interlocking slabs
- Apple's Upper East Side store in Manhattan to open after WWDC on June 13
- Apple tops Consumer Reports satisfaction survey for computer technical support