Apple Targeting 3G Phone MarketAccording to an article published in The Straits Times, Apple is banking on its QuickTime technology to fuel the next generation of mobile cell-phones based on the Third Generation Partnership Project (3GPP).
The 3GPP standard is based on MPEG, which, in turn, was developed QuickTime and will enable users to transfer videos easily between computers and 3G-enabled mobile phones.
Frank Casanova, Apple's director for QuickTime product marketing, was in Singapore last week for a whirlwind promotion of the 3GPP mobile platform to telcos in the region, the article states.
Apple recently included their 3GPP component in the standard distribution of QuickTime version 6.4.
On Topic: General
- Apple's March 9 'Spring Forward' event steals thunder from rivals at Mobile World Congress
- AppleInsider podcast discusses Apple's March 9 event, net neutrality, Pebble Time & more
- Ericsson unloads legal barrage against Apple in ongoing patent licensing dispute
- Former Apple exec Ron Johnson appointed to board of fashion e-tailer Nasty Gal, leads investment
- Apple looking for hardware and software engineers to build virtual reality displays