Apple Targeting 3G Phone MarketAccording to an article published in The Straits Times, Apple is banking on its QuickTime technology to fuel the next generation of mobile cell-phones based on the Third Generation Partnership Project (3GPP).
The 3GPP standard is based on MPEG, which, in turn, was developed QuickTime and will enable users to transfer videos easily between computers and 3G-enabled mobile phones.
Frank Casanova, Apple's director for QuickTime product marketing, was in Singapore last week for a whirlwind promotion of the 3GPP mobile platform to telcos in the region, the article states.
Apple recently included their 3GPP component in the standard distribution of QuickTime version 6.4.
On Topic: General
- VirnetX asks court to ban FaceTime and iMessage, add $190 million to patent payout
- Apple invention turns Lightning headphones into smart walkie-talkies
- Energy consumption concerns loom over Apple's proposed Irish data center
- Google preps self-driving car facility near Detroit as Chrysler partnership ramps up
- China's Xiaomi shows off new $460 4K camera drone