Monday, November 03, 2003, 03:00 pm PT (06:00 pm ET)
Apple Targeting 3G Phone MarketAccording to an article published in The Straits Times, Apple is banking on its QuickTime technology to fuel the next generation of mobile cell-phones based on the Third Generation Partnership Project (3GPP).
The 3GPP standard is based on MPEG, which, in turn, was developed QuickTime and will enable users to transfer videos easily between computers and 3G-enabled mobile phones.
Frank Casanova, Apple's director for QuickTime product marketing, was in Singapore last week for a whirlwind promotion of the 3GPP mobile platform to telcos in the region, the article states.
Apple recently included their 3GPP component in the standard distribution of QuickTime version 6.4.
On Topic: General
- Christian Bale confirmed to play Steve Jobs in upcoming biopic, to start shooting soon
- Apple to build 25 new Apple Stores in China in two years
- Apple CEO Tim Cook visits Foxconn iPhone factory on China 'road trip'
- Apple to drop SSL 3.0 support for push notifications on Oct. 29 due to POODLE vulnerability
- Rare working Apple I goes for record-smashing $905,000 at auction