Thursday, November 06, 2003, 08:00 am PT (11:00 am ET)
McDonald's Bests Pepsi With 1 Billion iTunes Song Giveaway"Less than a month after Pepsi announced a blockbuster deal to give away 100 million downloads from Apple's iTunes music service to its customers, McDonald's is close to a announcing a much bigger deal," according to an article in today's New York Post.
The article claims that McDonal's is close to launching an advertising campaign that will give away up to 1 billion Apple iTunes Music Store songs. Both Pepsi and McDonald's are said to be paying Apple's retail price of 99 cents per song.
Though it is unclear how McDonald's will use the free iTunes songs in their campaign, Pepsi will kick off its iTunes promotion with a Super Bowl ad on Feb. 1, 2004.
On Topic: General
- LaCie reveals year-long security breach at online store
- Samsung calls on computer scientists to refute Apple patent claims
- Judge denies Apple motion to dismiss states' e-books suit
- Revenue from mobile device displays to surpass televisions for first time in 2014
- Apple tech uses Wi-Fi access points for indoor navigation, 3D positioning