McDonald's Bests Pepsi With 1 Billion iTunes Song Giveaway"Less than a month after Pepsi announced a blockbuster deal to give away 100 million downloads from Apple's iTunes music service to its customers, McDonald's is close to a announcing a much bigger deal," according to an article in today's New York Post.
The article claims that McDonal's is close to launching an advertising campaign that will give away up to 1 billion Apple iTunes Music Store songs. Both Pepsi and McDonald's are said to be paying Apple's retail price of 99 cents per song.
Though it is unclear how McDonald's will use the free iTunes songs in their campaign, Pepsi will kick off its iTunes promotion with a Super Bowl ad on Feb. 1, 2004.
On Topic: General
- Tech shuttle drivers approve Teamsters contract, Apple working with contractors to raise pay
- This week on AppleInsider: Apple Watch at Best Buy, Apple Music numbers, Apple TV news & more
- IBM reportedly plans to purchase up to 200K MacBooks for employees
- Facebook completes first full-scale drone for spreading Internet access to remote regions
- AppleInsider podcast talks Apple Watch at Best Buy, rumored iPads, Steve Jobs movies & an Apple car