McDonald's Bests Pepsi With 1 Billion iTunes Song Giveaway"Less than a month after Pepsi announced a blockbuster deal to give away 100 million downloads from Apple's iTunes music service to its customers, McDonald's is close to a announcing a much bigger deal," according to an article in today's New York Post.
The article claims that McDonal's is close to launching an advertising campaign that will give away up to 1 billion Apple iTunes Music Store songs. Both Pepsi and McDonald's are said to be paying Apple's retail price of 99 cents per song.
Though it is unclear how McDonald's will use the free iTunes songs in their campaign, Pepsi will kick off its iTunes promotion with a Super Bowl ad on Feb. 1, 2004.
On Topic: General
- Charter confirms Time Warner Cable takeover in deal worth $55.33 billion
- Apple's multitouch 'fusion keyboard' invention with multitouch keys could replace touchpads
- Apple's Jony Ive promoted to Chief Design Officer
- Charter said to be nearing $55B deal to buy Time Warner Cable
- Rumor: Microsoft interested in acquiring BlackBerry