Thursday, November 06, 2003, 08:00 am PT (11:00 am ET)
McDonald's Bests Pepsi With 1 Billion iTunes Song Giveaway"Less than a month after Pepsi announced a blockbuster deal to give away 100 million downloads from Apple's iTunes music service to its customers, McDonald's is close to a announcing a much bigger deal," according to an article in today's New York Post.
The article claims that McDonal's is close to launching an advertising campaign that will give away up to 1 billion Apple iTunes Music Store songs. Both Pepsi and McDonald's are said to be paying Apple's retail price of 99 cents per song.
Though it is unclear how McDonald's will use the free iTunes songs in their campaign, Pepsi will kick off its iTunes promotion with a Super Bowl ad on Feb. 1, 2004.
On Topic: General
- Apple CEO Tim Cook says privacy talks with Chinese government were 'very open'
- Former Apple exec Ron Johnson wants to make online shopping personal with new startup 'Enjoy'
- Apple says its 'ambitious' sapphire manufacturing process is 'not ready for production'
- GT Advanced to exit sapphire production business, Apple to recover $439M prepayment over 4 years
- Christian Bale confirmed to play Steve Jobs in upcoming biopic, to start shooting soon