McDonald's Bests Pepsi With 1 Billion iTunes Song Giveaway"Less than a month after Pepsi announced a blockbuster deal to give away 100 million downloads from Apple's iTunes music service to its customers, McDonald's is close to a announcing a much bigger deal," according to an article in today's New York Post.
The article claims that McDonal's is close to launching an advertising campaign that will give away up to 1 billion Apple iTunes Music Store songs. Both Pepsi and McDonald's are said to be paying Apple's retail price of 99 cents per song.
Though it is unclear how McDonald's will use the free iTunes songs in their campaign, Pepsi will kick off its iTunes promotion with a Super Bowl ad on Feb. 1, 2004.
On Topic: General
- Future iPhones might collect fingerprints, photos of thieves
- US Treasury takes last stab at deterring tax judgment against Apple & Ireland
- French & German interior ministers call on EU to enable access to encrypted data
- Tim Cook's crucial role at Apple extends well beyond his 5 years as CEO
- Tim Cook's fundraiser for presidential candidate Hillary Clinton set for tonight