Apple developing wireless broadband card, says mobile siteFollowing an AppleInsider report that hinted at the possibility of a wireless communication hand-held device from Apple in the next 2 years (or iPod adaptation of such functionality), PowerPage author, Jason O'Grady, is citing rumors of an Apple-branded wireless broadband card for laptops to appear in the more immediate future.
According to the site, "Apple will release a wireless laptop card/solution that will run on AT&T's high speed EDGE network." AT&T claims that its EDGE network is capable of sustaining average speeds of 100 - 130 Kbps after initial burst speeds of up to 200 Kbps. The networks spans 6,500 cities and towns along with 30,000 miles of highway.
No additional information was presented at this time.
On Topic: General
- Sling TV adding live and on-demand HBO in new $15 add-on tier
- UK enacts new tax to cope with companies like Apple, Google diverting profits overseas
- Apple announces Chinese iPhone and iPad trade-in program
- Amazon Dash Buttons bring consumerism to Internet of Things
- Google unveils new $149 Chromebooks, Asus-made Chromebit stick computer