Apple developing wireless broadband card, says mobile siteFollowing an AppleInsider report that hinted at the possibility of a wireless communication hand-held device from Apple in the next 2 years (or iPod adaptation of such functionality), PowerPage author, Jason O'Grady, is citing rumors of an Apple-branded wireless broadband card for laptops to appear in the more immediate future.
According to the site, "Apple will release a wireless laptop card/solution that will run on AT&T's high speed EDGE network." AT&T claims that its EDGE network is capable of sustaining average speeds of 100 - 130 Kbps after initial burst speeds of up to 200 Kbps. The networks spans 6,500 cities and towns along with 30,000 miles of highway.
No additional information was presented at this time.
On Topic: General
- Apple invents active shutter system to protect iPhones from liquid, contaminants
- AppleInsider podcast talks Apple Pencil, official Apple Watch dock and safe payments practices
- Apple airs 2015 Christmas TV ad starring Stevie Wonder & Andra Daye
- Apple confirms acquisition of motion capture firm Faceshift
- DisneyLife online streaming service launches in UK with iOS & Apple TV support