Apple seeds new XCode as work continues on Panther updateApple has seeded developers with a new seed of its XCode Mac OS X development environment, sources tell AppleInsider. Build 7K112 of the 1.1 Update reportedly made its way to the company's seeding servers over the last 24 hours, but was not accompanied by a new build of Mac OS X 10.3.2.
"Over the past two weeks, members of the Mac OS X Update team have been — very meticulously — performing adjustments based on developer feedback from the Mac OS X 10.3.2 build 7D15 seed," one source said. "[The development team] is attempting to eliminate as many of the issues found in the last external seed as possible, before seeding developers with a more recent build."
Prior to the development of Mac OS X 10.3.2, Apple's untraditional seeding practices with Mac OS X 10.3 an 10.3.1 resulted in a number of outstanding issues with its Panther operating system (OS). This more conservative seeding processes is aimed at producing the first sound and hefty update to OS since its release in late October.
The next external seed of Mac OS X 10.3.2 is rumored to make its way into developers hands by the start of the weekend.
On Topic: General
- Apple preps first Mexican Apple Store ahead of push into Latin America
- Apple CEO Tim Cook bullish on augmented reality, says company investing in AR tech
- Microsoft Office 365 gains machine learning writing style assistant, research tool
- New guidelines may push Apple to switch away from SMS for two-factor authentication
- Apple wins patent on tech hinting at Apple Pencil use for Mac