Saturday, December 06, 2003, 01:05 pm
Apple seeds new Mac OS X 10.3.2 client, server buildsAs expected, Apple on Friday seeded its Select and Premier Apple Developer Connection members with the latest builds of Mac OS X 10.3.2 Panther Server and Client. Both seeds carry build number 7D18 and weigh in at 52.8 and 35.7MB, respectively.
In a note to developers, Apple reiterated the importance of providing timely feedback on the 10.3.2 seeds. "Please report any issues you may encounter in a timely manner - within a week of this seed would be very much appreciated," The company is optimistically striving to deploy a foolproof release of the update by the end of the year.
In addition to the detailed modifications already discussed in previous reports, the client version of Mac OS X 10.3.2 will cover component updates to Panther's Core OS, Graphics, Imaging, USB, Printing, International Text, Core Services, Cocoa Framework, and AppleScript technologies.
According to sources, while Apple lists only a single issue with the latest client seed of the Panther update, its server counterpart contains approximately three pages of known issues. Affected areas include: Active Directory, AFP Services, CUPS Printing, Disk Management, FireWire, Help Viewer, Login Window, Workgroup Server, NetBoot, Network Image Utility, Remote Desktop, Safari, Server Admin, SMB, and Workgroup Manager Application.
On Topic: General
- Google engineers talk fragmentation, how to make Android work for emerging markets
- Editorial: Apple's billions are building an empire for the future
- Review: AL13 raises the bar for iPhone bumper design
- Song skipping feature in Apple's 'iRadio' reportedly holding up Sony deal
- Music service's structure, plus Apple's culture, holding up 'iRadio' service