Apple seeds new Mac OS X 10.3.2 client, server buildsAs expected, Apple on Friday seeded its Select and Premier Apple Developer Connection members with the latest builds of Mac OS X 10.3.2 Panther Server and Client. Both seeds carry build number 7D18 and weigh in at 52.8 and 35.7MB, respectively.
In a note to developers, Apple reiterated the importance of providing timely feedback on the 10.3.2 seeds. "Please report any issues you may encounter in a timely manner - within a week of this seed would be very much appreciated," The company is optimistically striving to deploy a foolproof release of the update by the end of the year.
In addition to the detailed modifications already discussed in previous reports, the client version of Mac OS X 10.3.2 will cover component updates to Panther's Core OS, Graphics, Imaging, USB, Printing, International Text, Core Services, Cocoa Framework, and AppleScript technologies.
According to sources, while Apple lists only a single issue with the latest client seed of the Panther update, its server counterpart contains approximately three pages of known issues. Affected areas include: Active Directory, AFP Services, CUPS Printing, Disk Management, FireWire, Help Viewer, Login Window, Workgroup Server, NetBoot, Network Image Utility, Remote Desktop, Safari, Server Admin, SMB, and Workgroup Manager Application.
On Topic: General
- Apple's Tim Cook, Eddy Cue attend Super Bowl 50 amid talks of NFL streaming deal
- Apple drops third betas of iOS 9.3, watchOS 2.2, and tvOS 9.2 [u]
- Indian government ready to push through approval of local Apple Stores - report
- Review: Parrot's Bebop Drone is lightweight, aimed at casual hobbyists
- How to watch Super Bowl 50 on your Mac, iPhone, iPad, or Apple TV