Apple iPod to gain WMA support?\"HP\'s blockbuster deal with Apple will have one exciting side effect. The company will be working with Apple to add support for Microsoft\'s superior Windows Media Audio (WMA) format to the iPod by mid-year,\" raves Connected Home magazine. While the \'superior\' designation is up for debate, it appears that the only source of the tidbit is Paul Thurrott of Windows Network Magazine, a renowned anti-Apple, pro-Microsoft commentator.
Meanwhile, when asked about HP and Apple\'s iPod alliance on Thursday, Dell Chief Executive Michael Dell reportedly had a loss for words, stating that he had \"nothing to say.\"
On Topic: General
- This week on AppleInsider: Steve Jobs tributes, iPhone & Watch launches, iOS security & more
- Elon Musk walks back Apple Car, Apple Watch aspersions in Twitter confessional
- Obama administration opts to avoid mandatory decryption for law enforcement requests
- Apple search partner DuckDuckGo takes shots at Google, says tracking isn't needed to profit
- AppleInsider podcast goes to the movies, talks Steve Jobs, iMac rumors, Microsoft & more