Monday, January 12, 2004, 08:00 am PT (11:00 am ET)
Apple iPod to gain WMA support?"HP's blockbuster deal with Apple will have one exciting side effect. The company will be working with Apple to add support for Microsoft's superior Windows Media Audio (WMA) format to the iPod by mid-year," raves Connected Home magazine. While the 'superior' designation is up for debate, it appears that the only source of the tidbit is Paul Thurrott of Windows Network Magazine, a renowned anti-Apple, pro-Microsoft commentator.
Meanwhile, when asked about HP and Apple's iPod alliance on Thursday, Dell Chief Executive Michael Dell reportedly had a loss for words, stating that he had "nothing to say."
On Topic: General
- Google agreed to pick up tab for some Samsung legal fees, take on liability in case of loss
- Lytro's next-gen $1500 Illum 'light-field' camera bolstered by dedicated Mac software, Aperture support
- Apple tech takes on distracted driving, blocks users from texting while behind the wheel
- Apple print ad touts environmental responsibility, pokes fun at Samsung [u]
- Apple Store logos and employee uniforms go green for Earth Day