Monday, January 12, 2004, 08:00 am PT (11:00 am ET)
Apple iPod to gain WMA support?"HP's blockbuster deal with Apple will have one exciting side effect. The company will be working with Apple to add support for Microsoft's superior Windows Media Audio (WMA) format to the iPod by mid-year," raves Connected Home magazine. While the 'superior' designation is up for debate, it appears that the only source of the tidbit is Paul Thurrott of Windows Network Magazine, a renowned anti-Apple, pro-Microsoft commentator.
Meanwhile, when asked about HP and Apple's iPod alliance on Thursday, Dell Chief Executive Michael Dell reportedly had a loss for words, stating that he had "nothing to say."
On Topic: General
- Xiaomi's Redmi Note allegedly sending user data to China surreptitiously
- Apple promoting savings with back-to-school sales tax holidays in US
- Apple expanding AppleCare+ warranties internationally, now available in Mexico & Sweden
- Apple patents smart navigation routing with crowd-sourced stop light pattern recognition
- Microsoft uses Apple's Siri to prop up Windows' new 'Cortana' virtual assistant