Apple iPod to gain WMA support?\"HP\'s blockbuster deal with Apple will have one exciting side effect. The company will be working with Apple to add support for Microsoft\'s superior Windows Media Audio (WMA) format to the iPod by mid-year,\" raves Connected Home magazine. While the \'superior\' designation is up for debate, it appears that the only source of the tidbit is Paul Thurrott of Windows Network Magazine, a renowned anti-Apple, pro-Microsoft commentator.
Meanwhile, when asked about HP and Apple\'s iPod alliance on Thursday, Dell Chief Executive Michael Dell reportedly had a loss for words, stating that he had \"nothing to say.\"
On Topic: General
- Apple's Jony Ive promoted to Chief Design Officer
- Charter said to be nearing $55B deal to buy Time Warner Cable
- Rumor: Microsoft interested in acquiring BlackBerry
- National Security Agency's bulk phone metadata collection program to sunset on June 1
- This week on AppleInsider: New Macs, Apple Watch update, TV plans & more