Notes on Aspyr Mac games, Apple retail developmentsAspyr Mac Games
This week, Aspyr announced that Macintosh versions of "Nightfire," "Command & Conquer Generals," and "Splinter Cell" have all reached the alpha development status. The company also began accepting pre-orders on its new SimCity 4 Rush Hour expansion pack, which was announced the previous week.
In addition to these titles, sources claim that Aspyr has landed contracts to begin producing Macintosh versions of at least two more games in the first half of the year. Development of "Dues Ex 2" and "Battlefield 1942" are rumored to begin shortly if work has not started already. Unfortunately no details on target releases dates were available and Aspyr failed to return inquiries for confirmation or additional information by press time.
New Apple Retail Location?
It appears that Apple may be launching a second retail store in the Miami area, according to a report submitted by an AppleInsider reader. "When shopping at Aventura Mall, Miami the other day, I noticed that they have blocked off a large section in the north end of the store next to the soon to close Lord and Taylor department store. [...] The blocked off area had the standard store signs for a new tenant saying Apple Computer coming soon, but no date or any Apple-designed signs anywhere."
The new retail location would be the city's second, operating alongside Apple Store The Falls. The mall's Website notes that Apple was scheduled to open a store in November 2003. According to yesterday's financial conference call with Apple CFO, Fred Anderson, Apple plans to open approximately 8 new retail locations this year, two of which will be Apple 'mega-stores.'
On Topic: General
- Week in review video: Remembering Steve Jobs, build cost of iPhone 6s, 'iRing' & more
- Four years after the death of Steve Jobs, Michael Fassbender talks about portraying an icon
- Irish minister says EU probe into Apple tax dodges should reach finding by end of 2015
- Laurene Powell Jobs 'repeatedly' tried to halt Universal's Steve Jobs film, report says
- Tim Cook marks anniversary of Steve Jobs's death, remembers a leader, mentor, and 'dear friend'