Thursday, January 29, 2004, 05:20 pm PT (08:20 pm ET)
Mac OS X 10.3.3: sources add detailsNew details on Mac OS X 10.3.3 "Panther" are emerging following the first seed of the system update, which began making its way to developers earlier this morning.
Along with a new version of Safari, Mac OS X 10.3.3 will yield updated versions of Apple's Mail, Font Book, Disk Utility, Address Book and Terminal applications, sources tell AppleInsider. Incremental revisions to the System Profiler, Print Center, Print Setup Utility, Directory and Keychain access components are also among the many changes that amount to this 75.5MB OS update.
Mac OS X 10.3.3 About Box.
The Mac OS X Bluetooth implementation will sport some of the heftiest updates, sources said, including alterations that span all three of the Panther's Bluetooth applications: Bluetooth File Exchange, Bluetooth Serial Utility, and Bluetooth Setup Assistant.
Safari 1.2 Advanced Prefs.
Below the flesh, Mac OS X 10.3.3 will boast many system level enhancements, including component updates to AppleScript, CoreAudio, SCIM, and Ink services. Meanwhile, updates to Panther's Core System Services are numerous. AppleFileServer, DiskImageMounter, HelpViewer, LanguageChooser, MirrorAgent, SecurityAgent and Software Update will also see improvements in the update.
Safari 1.2 Download Manager w/ Resume.
This first private release of Mac OS X 10.3.3 is also shipping with a revised Mach Kernel, sources said.
Additional details will be published as they become available.
On Topic: General
- Apple expanding AppleCare+ warranties internationally, now available in Mexico & Sweden
- Apple patents smart navigation routing with crowd-sourced stop light pattern recognition
- Microsoft uses Apple's Siri to prop up Windows' new 'Cortana' virtual assistant
- Apple drops cross-appeal of final judgment in Samsung lawsuit, no longer seeks permanent injunction
- Apple expected to buy personalized talk radio app Swell for $30 million