Apple to open flagship store in London"Apple Computer is planning to open a giant flagship store on Londons Regent Street after striking a deal with the Crown Estate, the holding company for the Queens property assets," according to the The Times Online .
"The deal with the Crown Estate, forms part of an ambitious £500 million plan to improve Regent Street over the next ten years. Apple will take space in the Crowns first redevelopment at 229-247 Regent Street. The store is expected to open in time for Christmas."
The 20,000-square-foot outlet is expected to cost Apple about £1.5 million a year in rent, and would mark its first flagship store in Europe.
On Topic: General
- Kate Winslet, others rumored to join cast of upcoming Steve Jobs movie
- Led by Whole Foods shoppers, Apple Pay accounted for 1% of digital payment dollars in November
- Apple slams BBC report on suppliers, says provided facts were 'clearly missing' from broadcast
- Apple CEO Tim Cook gives 'substantial' sum to gay rights initiative
- Undercover video shows alleged worker rights violations at Apple supplier