Apple to open flagship store in London\"Apple Computer is planning to open a giant flagship store on Londons Regent Street after striking a deal with the Crown Estate, the holding company for the Queens property assets,\" according to the The Times Online .
\"The deal with the Crown Estate, forms part of an ambitious £500 million plan to improve Regent Street over the next ten years. Apple will take space in the Crowns first redevelopment at 229-247 Regent Street. The store is expected to open in time for Christmas.\"
The 20,000-square-foot outlet is expected to cost Apple about £1.5 million a year in rent, and would mark its first flagship store in Europe.
On Topic: General
- Apple sends invitations for 'iPhone 7' event on Sept. 7: 'See you on the 7th'
- Fitbit reveals new Charge 2 and Flex 2 fitness trackers, plus updated app
- Apple-1 'Celebration' buyer considers $815K purchase akin to fine art
- How virtual and augmented reality could play a role in Apple's future
- This week on AI: Three iPhones in 2017, Apple takes on Snapchat, surprise iOS 9.3.5 update & more