Thursday, February 12, 2004, 09:00 pm PT (12:00 am ET)
Apple to open flagship store in London"Apple Computer is planning to open a giant flagship store on Londons Regent Street after striking a deal with the Crown Estate, the holding company for the Queens property assets," according to the The Times Online .
"The deal with the Crown Estate, forms part of an ambitious £500 million plan to improve Regent Street over the next ten years. Apple will take space in the Crowns first redevelopment at 229-247 Regent Street. The store is expected to open in time for Christmas."
The 20,000-square-foot outlet is expected to cost Apple about £1.5 million a year in rent, and would mark its first flagship store in Europe.
On Topic: General
- Apple, Samsung dispute tentative juror verdict form in California patent trial
- NBC's 'Today' offers rare look inside Apple's iCloud data center in feature on environment
- Apple reaches settlement in Silicon Valley anti-poaching lawsuit [ux2]
- Google exec & social networking chief Vic Gundotra leaves company
- Tim Cook offering lunch date at Apple HQ for charity