Mac OS X 10.3.3 build 7F34, Apple Store SF press conferenceMac OS X 10.3.3 7F34
On Wednesday evening, Apple seeded its ADC developers with a third external build of Mac OS X 10.3.3 'Panther' update.
Aside from sporting a revised version of the company's Safari web browser, build 7F34 reveals a listing of key enhancements in the system's installation documentation, sources said.
The 10.3.3 Update will reportedly deliver improved file sharing and directory services for Mac (AFP), UNIX (NFS) and PC (SMB/CIFS) networks, improved PostScript and USB printing, and improved font management. The release will also be accompanied by additional support for FireWire and USB devices and new ATI and NVIDIA graphics drivers.
After installing the 10.3.3 update, users will be able to conveniently access network volumes the Finder sidebar and Desktop, and connect iPods via USB 2.0 to Apple's iTunes and iSync software.
Panther user's who updated to version 10.3.3 will also gain access to updated versions of Disk Utility, DVD Player, Image Capture, Mail and Safari applications.
The Mac OS X 10.3.3 update will tie in previous standalone security updates, Bluetooth Update 1.5, and improved compatibility for third party applications.
Apple Store San Francsico Press Conference
On a separate front, sources claim that Apple will most likely hold a press conference outside its latest flagship store sometime after 10:00am PST today. Security personnel have reportedly blocked parking around store to prepare for the conference.
The store, located in Union Square at One Stockton Street in San Francisco, will open on Saturday at 10:00 a.m. PST.
On Topic: General
- Google's Waze mapping service launches carpooling trial in Israel
- GoPro launches compact, single-button Hero4 Session camera with iPhone connectivity
- Worries about sales of Samsung's Galaxy S6 temper investor expectations ahead of earnings
- This week on AppleInsider: Apple Music, Beats 1, new iPods, car plans & more
- AppleInsider podcast discusses Apple Music & the iPhone's 8th birthday, plus listener questions