Wednesday, March 10, 2004, 07:15 am PT (10:15 am ET)
Notes: Mac OS X 10.3.3 build 7F40, FedEx and MacsMac OS X 10.3.3
Late last night Apple seeded its developers with yet another build of Mac OS X 10.3.3. As with the previous seed, Mac OS X 10.3.3 build 7F40 contains no revisions to developer notes accompanying the build.
According to sources, the latest build addresses minor performance issues and contains very few, if any, legitimate software bugs. The release of Mac OS X 10.3.3 is now said to be imminent, with a announcement likely by this time next week.
Meanwhile, FedEx officials would not confirm or deny rumors that the company is seeking to replace some if its virus-prone Windows PC install base with a significant purchase of Apple Macintosh computers.
"This is indeed just a rumor," said FedEX's Lourdes Pena, who would not comment further. FedEx Corporation recently acquired Kinko's, Inc, which is known for its Macintosh presence.
Rumors that the shipping giant was considering a move to Macintosh first appeared at rumor site, MacRumors.com.
On Topic: General
- Microsoft sues Samsung over unpaid Android patent royalties
- Apple wins preliminary approval for $450M e-books settlement
- Brains behind subscription Beats Music to also oversee Apple's iTunes Radio
- Mystery over for Google's Glass barges as Maine ship sold for scrap
- Apple officially closes on $3B purchase of Beats headphones & streaming service