Apple posts $46 million profitApple today announced financial results for its fiscal 2004 second quarter ended March 27, 2004. For the quarter, the Company posted a net profit of $46 million, or $.12 per diluted share. These results compare to a net profit of $14 million, or $.04 per diluted share, in the year-ago quarter. Revenue for the quarter was $1.909 billion, up 29 percent from the year-ago quarter. Gross margin was 27.8 percent, down from 28.3 percent in the year-ago quarter. International sales accounted for 43 percent of the quarters revenue.
The quarters results include an after-tax restructuring charge of $7 million. Excluding this charge, the Companys net profit for the quarter would have been $53 million, or $.14 per diluted share.
Apple shipped 749 thousand Macintosh® units and 807 thousand iPods during the quarter, representing a 5 percent increase in CPU units and a 909 percent increase in iPods over the year-ago quarter.
A financial conference call will take place at approximately 5pm EST. Details will be published at the conclusion of the call.
On Topic: General
- Apple patents laser mapping system, hybrid mechanical-capacitive keyboard, invisible I/O connectors
- Apple, Silicon Valley raised millions to fund Hillary Clinton platform backing tech's positions on encryption, privacy, innovation, patents, education
- Disney said to be weighing Twitter purchase to bolster online video efforts
- Sonos brings PLAY:1 & PLAY:5 speakers to Apple's online & retail stores
- Photos show Apple's newly relocated & revamped Brea Mall store [u]