Apple posts $46 million profitApple today announced financial results for its fiscal 2004 second quarter ended March 27, 2004. For the quarter, the Company posted a net profit of $46 million, or $.12 per diluted share. These results compare to a net profit of $14 million, or $.04 per diluted share, in the year-ago quarter. Revenue for the quarter was $1.909 billion, up 29 percent from the year-ago quarter. Gross margin was 27.8 percent, down from 28.3 percent in the year-ago quarter. International sales accounted for 43 percent of the quarters revenue.
The quarters results include an after-tax restructuring charge of $7 million. Excluding this charge, the Companys net profit for the quarter would have been $53 million, or $.14 per diluted share.
Apple shipped 749 thousand Macintosh® units and 807 thousand iPods during the quarter, representing a 5 percent increase in CPU units and a 909 percent increase in iPods over the year-ago quarter.
A financial conference call will take place at approximately 5pm EST. Details will be published at the conclusion of the call.
On Topic: General
- Apple joins White House's American Business Act on Climate Pledge
- Apple Maps vans to begin collecting data in France, Sweden in August
- First Look: The ONE Smart Piano
- This week on AppleInsider: Apple's record Q3, 'Apple Car' news, Back to School promo & more
- Nike, Apple agree to $2.4M settlement in suit over false FuelBand claims, Apple to pay nothing