Sunday, April 18, 2004, 06:00 pm PT (09:00 pm ET)
Sources provide rumored portable specsAccording to various sources, Apple's forthcoming portable product refreshes should reflect the following specifications:
M9426LL/A iBook (12.1"TFT/1.0GHz G4/512K L2 Cache/256MB/30GB/DVD-ROM/CD-RW Combo drive/VGA-out/Enet/56K)
M9418LL/A iBook (14.1"TFT/1.0GHz G4/512K L2 Cache/256MB/40GB/DVD-ROM/CD-RW Combo drive/VGA-out/Enet/56K)
M9419LL/A iBook (14.1"TFT/1.2GHz G4/512K L2 Cache/256MB/60GB/DVD-ROM/CD-RW Combo drive/VGA-out/Enet/56K/APX)
M9183LL/A PowerBook G4 (12.1"TFT/1.33GHz/512K L2/256MB/60GB/DVD-ROM/CD-RW Combo drive/Enet/56K/AirPort/Bluetooth)
M9184LL/A PowerBook G4 (12.1"TFT/1.33GHz/512K L2/256MB/60GB/DVD-R/CD-RW SuperDrive/Enet/56K/AirPort/Bluetooth)
M9421LL/A PowerBook G4 (15.2"TFT/1.33GHz/256MB/60GB/DVD-ROM/CD-RW Combo drive/Gig Enet/56K/Bluetooth/AirPort)
M9422LL/A PowerBook G4 (15.2"TFT/1.5GHz/512MB/80GB/DVD-R/CD-RW SuperDrive/Gig Enet/56K/Bluetooth/AirPort/Backlit Keyboard)
M9462LL/A PowerBook G4 (17" TFT/1.5GHz/512MB/80GB/DVD-R/CDRW SuperDrive/Gig Enet/56K/Bluetooth/AirPort/Backlit Keyboard)
Sources said that pricing of the new models is very similar to the current portable offerings, with the exception of the 15-inch PowerBook Super Drive model, which is listing for $100 less, and the 17-inch model listing at $200 less.
On Topic: General
- Apple CEO Tim Cook says privacy talks with Chinese government were 'very open'
- Former Apple exec Ron Johnson wants to make online shopping personal with new startup 'Enjoy'
- Apple says its 'ambitious' sapphire manufacturing process is 'not ready for production'
- GT Advanced to exit sapphire production business, Apple to recover $439M prepayment over 4 years
- Christian Bale confirmed to play Steve Jobs in upcoming biopic, to start shooting soon