Apple testing new Software Update functionsApple Computer on Friday began testing changes it has made to its popular Software Update mechanism, which is built into versions of the Mac OS X operating system.
The changes were reportedly incorporated into a new seed of Mac OS X 10.3.4 labeled Mac OS X 10.3.4 build 7H51a.
One of the major tests includes Software Update's ability to download and update itself.
"Mac OS X 10.3.4 build 7H51a includes changes to the Software Update application," the company reportedly told testers in a set of seed notes. "To help test these changes, we are delivering this build through Software Update."
According to sources, Apple has not seeded the Mac OS X 10.3.4 build 7H51a via its iMercury ftp distribution system. The only way to obtain the build is by running Software Update from a prior seed of Mac OS X 10.3.4.
Apple last seeded Mac OS X 10.3.4 build 7H50 on Wednesday, May 5th.
On Topic: General
- Jony Ive makes list of influential tech execs, Apple retakes top spot in brand rankings
- Emergency crews respond to 'large fire' at Apple complex in Mesa, Ariz. [u]
- Charter confirms Time Warner Cable takeover in deal worth $55.33 billion
- Apple's multitouch 'fusion keyboard' invention with multitouch keys could replace touchpads
- Apple's Jony Ive promoted to Chief Design Officer