We are currently experiencing server issues, please excuse any mess. More details are availble here.
Apple testing new Software Update functionsApple Computer on Friday began testing changes it has made to its popular Software Update mechanism, which is built into versions of the Mac OS X operating system.
The changes were reportedly incorporated into a new seed of Mac OS X 10.3.4 labeled Mac OS X 10.3.4 build 7H51a.
One of the major tests includes Software Update's ability to download and update itself.
"Mac OS X 10.3.4 build 7H51a includes changes to the Software Update application," the company reportedly told testers in a set of seed notes. "To help test these changes, we are delivering this build through Software Update."
According to sources, Apple has not seeded the Mac OS X 10.3.4 build 7H51a via its iMercury ftp distribution system. The only way to obtain the build is by running Software Update from a prior seed of Mac OS X 10.3.4.
Apple last seeded Mac OS X 10.3.4 build 7H50 on Wednesday, May 5th.
On Topic: General
- Second man pleads gulity in 'Celebgate' hacks of iCloud & Gmail accounts
- Apple to house 1,400 employees at London's restored Battersea Power Station starting in 2021
- First look: DJI touts Mavic Pro drone's compact design, spotlights continued partnership with Apple
- DJI launches ultraportable iOS-connected Mavic Pro camera drone for $999
- Apple patents laser mapping system, hybrid mechanical-capacitive keyboard, invisible I/O connectors