Tuesday, May 25, 2004, 05:00 pm PT (08:00 pm ET)
Apple to uncork third Minnesota retail store this summerApple Computer, Inc. is on target to launch its third Minnesota retail store this July, sources confirmed earlier today.
The store is set to open in the indoor suburban Rosedale Center mall in Roseville, Minnesota, and was first noted by AppleInsider and ifoAppleStore.com last month.
Although Apple has not publicly announced or acknowledged plans for the Rosedale Center store, it quietly began posting job listings for the location on its website in April.
Judging from Apple documents, plans to open the Rosedale Center store are fairly recent and most likely spawned from the success of two other Apple stores in the region; the Apple Store Mall of America and the Apple Store Southdale.
Earlier this month, AppleInsider reported on over two dozen Japan retail locations, which the company is currently scouting, in addition to providing confirmation of an Apple-based retail initiative underway in Canada.
On Topic: General
- Apple's 'smart dock' would give Siri a permanent place in the home
- Apple usurps Dell as most wanted desktop brand for holiday season
- New Union Square Apple Store renderings add water feature to plaza
- Next-gen USB connector a reversible challenge to Apple's Thunderbolt & Lightning
- Apple investigating ways to add depth to iPhone photos