Tuesday, May 25, 2004, 05:00 pm PT (08:00 pm ET)
Apple to uncork third Minnesota retail store this summerApple Computer, Inc. is on target to launch its third Minnesota retail store this July, sources confirmed earlier today.
The store is set to open in the indoor suburban Rosedale Center mall in Roseville, Minnesota, and was first noted by AppleInsider and ifoAppleStore.com last month.
Although Apple has not publicly announced or acknowledged plans for the Rosedale Center store, it quietly began posting job listings for the location on its website in April.
Judging from Apple documents, plans to open the Rosedale Center store are fairly recent and most likely spawned from the success of two other Apple stores in the region; the Apple Store Mall of America and the Apple Store Southdale.
Earlier this month, AppleInsider reported on over two dozen Japan retail locations, which the company is currently scouting, in addition to providing confirmation of an Apple-based retail initiative underway in Canada.
On Topic: General
- Apple expanding AppleCare+ warranties internationally, now available in Mexico & Sweden
- Apple patents smart navigation routing with crowd-sourced stop light pattern recognition
- Microsoft uses Apple's Siri to prop up Windows' new 'Cortana' virtual assistant
- Apple drops cross-appeal of final judgment in Samsung lawsuit, no longer seeks permanent injunction
- Apple expected to buy personalized talk radio app Swell for $30 million