QuickTime 6 downloads top 250 millionApple today announced that more than 250 million copies of QuickTime 6 have been downloaded in less than two years since its release. QuickTime is Apple's industry-leading, standards-based software for developing, producing and delivering high-quality audio and video over IP, wireless and broadband networks.
QuickTime 6 is by far the most popular version of QuickTime ever distributed, with over 250 million copies downloaded and counting, said Philip Schiller, Apples senior vice president of Worldwide Product Marketing. With QuickTime 6, Apple continues to be the industry leader in providing an end-to-end standards-based digital media delivery system.
As the platform of choice for content creators worldwide, QuickTime delivers the full media experience for thousands of unique software titles and enhanced music CDs and over 225 digital camera models from over 50 camera manufacturers. QuickTime was chosen by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) as the base file format for MPEG-4 and is at the core of the 3GPP and 3GPP2 standards.
QuickTime 6.5 includes enhanced support for 3GPP and 3GPP2 mobile networks and is available as a free download for Mac and Windows users at www.apple.com/quicktime.
On Topic: General
- Kate Winslet, others rumored to join cast of upcoming Steve Jobs movie
- Led by Whole Foods shoppers, Apple Pay accounted for 1% of digital payment dollars in November
- Apple slams BBC report on suppliers, says provided facts were 'clearly missing' from broadcast
- Apple CEO Tim Cook gives 'substantial' sum to gay rights initiative
- Undercover video shows alleged worker rights violations at Apple supplier