AAPL closes at 3 year highApple (AAPL) stock continued to demonstrate relative strength today as it extended its uptrend to yet another new 3-year high.
Shares of AAPL traded above $33 for part of the day and closed at $32.74, up $2.05 or 6.68 percent on a volume of more than 16 million.
Following yesterday's introduction of iTunes for Europe, Apple stock closed at a previous high of $30.69.
Earlier today, BusinessWeek ranked Apple No. 74 on its Info Tech 100 Scoreboard with revenue of nearly $7.2 billion, revenue growth of more than $23 million, return on equity of 3.8 per cent, total shareholder return of 79 per cent, and profit of $169 million.
On Topic: General
- Kate Winslet, others rumored to join cast of upcoming Steve Jobs movie
- Led by Whole Foods shoppers, Apple Pay accounted for 1% of digital payment dollars in November
- Apple slams BBC report on suppliers, says provided facts were 'clearly missing' from broadcast
- Apple CEO Tim Cook gives 'substantial' sum to gay rights initiative
- Undercover video shows alleged worker rights violations at Apple supplier