AAPL closes at 3 year highApple (AAPL) stock continued to demonstrate relative strength today as it extended its uptrend to yet another new 3-year high.
Shares of AAPL traded above $33 for part of the day and closed at $32.74, up $2.05 or 6.68 percent on a volume of more than 16 million.
Following yesterday's introduction of iTunes for Europe, Apple stock closed at a previous high of $30.69.
Earlier today, BusinessWeek ranked Apple No. 74 on its Info Tech 100 Scoreboard with revenue of nearly $7.2 billion, revenue growth of more than $23 million, return on equity of 3.8 per cent, total shareholder return of 79 per cent, and profit of $169 million.
On Topic: General
- Apple joins White House's American Business Act on Climate Pledge
- Apple Maps vans to begin collecting data in France, Sweden in August
- First Look: The ONE Smart Piano
- This week on AppleInsider: Apple's record Q3, 'Apple Car' news, Back to School promo & more
- Nike, Apple agree to $2.4M settlement in suit over false FuelBand claims, Apple to pay nothing