AAPL closes at 3 year highApple (AAPL) stock continued to demonstrate relative strength today as it extended its uptrend to yet another new 3-year high.
Shares of AAPL traded above $33 for part of the day and closed at $32.74, up $2.05 or 6.68 percent on a volume of more than 16 million.
Following yesterday's introduction of iTunes for Europe, Apple stock closed at a previous high of $30.69.
Earlier today, BusinessWeek ranked Apple No. 74 on its Info Tech 100 Scoreboard with revenue of nearly $7.2 billion, revenue growth of more than $23 million, return on equity of 3.8 per cent, total shareholder return of 79 per cent, and profit of $169 million.
On Topic: General
- Review: 'Steve Jobs' an electric depiction of Apple's enigmatic founder
- This week on AppleInsider: 13 million iPhones, OS X El Capitan, Bell on board & more
- Apple enhances Siri team with purchase of VocalIQ, a car-focused British speech tech firm
- Apple, Inc. massively expanding its iCloud data centers in Nevada, Oregon
- AppleInsider podcast goes hands-on with iPhone 6s, talks 3D Touch, music subscriptions, more