AAPL closes at 3 year highApple (AAPL) stock continued to demonstrate relative strength today as it extended its uptrend to yet another new 3-year high.
Shares of AAPL traded above $33 for part of the day and closed at $32.74, up $2.05 or 6.68 percent on a volume of more than 16 million.
Following yesterday's introduction of iTunes for Europe, Apple stock closed at a previous high of $30.69.
Earlier today, BusinessWeek ranked Apple No. 74 on its Info Tech 100 Scoreboard with revenue of nearly $7.2 billion, revenue growth of more than $23 million, return on equity of 3.8 per cent, total shareholder return of 79 per cent, and profit of $169 million.
On Topic: General
- As Apple nears $200B in cash, U.S. Senators once again propose a repatriation tax break
- Apple tops Louis Vuitton, Gucci as the gift of choice among China's wealthy
- FCC says broadband-class connections must offer at least 25Mbps download speeds
- iTunes Connect bug logs developers into random Apple account, displays wrong apps
- TracFone will pay $40 million to settle unlimited data beef with the FTC