Apple seeds developers with Xcode 1.5Apple Computer seeded developers on Thursday with the first external seed of its Xcode 1.5 development environment, labeled with build number 7K525.
According to sources, the prerelease build features a new version of the Xcode Tools default compiler, gcc 3.3. Optional installs of the Java Application Servers Development Kit and the Computer Hardware Understanding Developer Tools (CHUD Tools) are also available in the latest build.
Changes to the Xcode 1.5 reportedly include updates to the user interface, code sense, inspectors, building, source code management and file editing. Additionally, sources said that the Xcode CodeWarrior importer is AppleScriptable via the \"import\" function.
In the seed notes accompanying the development software, Apple list several know issues including problems with smart groups, comments, executables inspector, the groups & files view, and OpenGL functions.
Previous reports had hinted at new Xcode developments that would materialize during Apple\'s World Wide Developers Conference later this month.
Xcode 1.5 is currently being seeded to developers as a full upgrade consisting of twenty one 30 MB segments.
On Topic: General
- Apple to co-sponsor 2017 Met Gala without co-chair position
- AT&T to buy Time Warner for $80B, deal announcement imminent - report [u: confirmed]
- This week on AI: Oct. 27 Mac event, new future for 'Apple Car' & more
- Mirai-based DDoS attack highlights benefits of Apple's secure HomeKit platform
- Apple monitoring AT&T's potential merger with Time Warner, report says