Apple seeds developers with Xcode 1.5Apple Computer seeded developers on Thursday with the first external seed of its Xcode 1.5 development environment, labeled with build number 7K525.
According to sources, the prerelease build features a new version of the Xcode Tools default compiler, gcc 3.3. Optional installs of the Java Application Servers Development Kit and the Computer Hardware Understanding Developer Tools (CHUD Tools) are also available in the latest build.
Changes to the Xcode 1.5 reportedly include updates to the user interface, code sense, inspectors, building, source code management and file editing. Additionally, sources said that the Xcode CodeWarrior importer is AppleScriptable via the \"import\" function.
In the seed notes accompanying the development software, Apple list several know issues including problems with smart groups, comments, executables inspector, the groups & files view, and OpenGL functions.
Previous reports had hinted at new Xcode developments that would materialize during Apple\'s World Wide Developers Conference later this month.
Xcode 1.5 is currently being seeded to developers as a full upgrade consisting of twenty one 30 MB segments.
On Topic: General
- Apple CEO Tim Cook donates $6.56M to charity
- Exclusive Video: Apple Campus 2 Spaceship ring rising with Lego-like interlocking slabs
- Apple's Upper East Side store in Manhattan to open after WWDC on June 13
- Apple tops Consumer Reports satisfaction survey for computer technical support
- Elite Chinese university allegedly ripped off Apple's Touch ID logo for anniversary celebration