Wednesday, June 16, 2004, 12:00 pm
Jobs to join new film company?According to yesterday's New York Post, Apple CEO Steve Jobs may be preparing to form a new film company. Macworld UK notes that the report claims that a group of New York investment bankers are busy drawing up plans to combine Jobs with Miramax co-founders Bob and Harvey Weinstein to form a new film company.
The report also claims the bankers are developing a deal for a Weinstein-led group to buy MGM.
Yesterday, Disney reportedly told The Times newspaper that it would like to continue to distribute movies from Steve Jobs' other company, Pixar.
On Topic: General
- Google engineers talk fragmentation, how to make Android work for emerging markets
- Editorial: Apple's billions are building an empire for the future
- Review: AL13 raises the bar for iPhone bumper design
- Song skipping feature in Apple's 'iRadio' reportedly holding up Sony deal
- Music service's structure, plus Apple's culture, holding up 'iRadio' service