Wednesday, June 16, 2004, 09:00 am PT (12:00 pm ET)
Jobs to join new film company?According to yesterday's New York Post, Apple CEO Steve Jobs may be preparing to form a new film company. Macworld UK notes that the report claims that a group of New York investment bankers are busy drawing up plans to combine Jobs with Miramax co-founders Bob and Harvey Weinstein to form a new film company.
The report also claims the bankers are developing a deal for a Weinstein-led group to buy MGM.
Yesterday, Disney reportedly told The Times newspaper that it would like to continue to distribute movies from Steve Jobs' other company, Pixar.
On Topic: General
- LaCie reveals year-long security breach at online store
- Samsung calls on computer scientists to refute Apple patent claims
- Judge denies Apple motion to dismiss states' e-books suit
- Revenue from mobile device displays to surpass televisions for first time in 2014
- Apple tech uses Wi-Fi access points for indoor navigation, 3D positioning