Wednesday, June 16, 2004, 09:00 am PT (12:00 pm ET)
Jobs to join new film company?According to yesterday's New York Post, Apple CEO Steve Jobs may be preparing to form a new film company. Macworld UK notes that the report claims that a group of New York investment bankers are busy drawing up plans to combine Jobs with Miramax co-founders Bob and Harvey Weinstein to form a new film company.
The report also claims the bankers are developing a deal for a Weinstein-led group to buy MGM.
Yesterday, Disney reportedly told The Times newspaper that it would like to continue to distribute movies from Steve Jobs' other company, Pixar.
On Topic: General
- Apple 'on the prowl' with 24 acquisitions in last year and a half
- Google agreed to pick up tab for some Samsung legal fees, take on liability in case of loss
- Lytro's next-gen $1500 Illum 'light-field' camera bolstered by dedicated Mac software, Aperture support
- Apple tech takes on distracted driving, blocks users from texting while behind the wheel
- Apple print ad touts environmental responsibility, pokes fun at Samsung [u]