Wednesday, June 16, 2004, 09:00 am PT (12:00 pm ET)
Jobs to join new film company?According to yesterday's New York Post, Apple CEO Steve Jobs may be preparing to form a new film company. Macworld UK notes that the report claims that a group of New York investment bankers are busy drawing up plans to combine Jobs with Miramax co-founders Bob and Harvey Weinstein to form a new film company.
The report also claims the bankers are developing a deal for a Weinstein-led group to buy MGM.
Yesterday, Disney reportedly told The Times newspaper that it would like to continue to distribute movies from Steve Jobs' other company, Pixar.
On Topic: General
- Apple customer service hit by massive traffic spike one day after iPhone 6 launch
- Apple CEO Tim Cook shares 'optimistic' views on reversing climate change & selling green products to consumers
- Apple CEO Tim Cook to appear at WSJDLive conference in October
- Apple chose to handle iOS 8 rollout with own content delivery network
- Apple invents bone conducting EarPods for better iPhone noise cancellation