Wednesday, June 16, 2004, 09:00 am PT (12:00 pm ET)
Jobs to join new film company?According to yesterday's New York Post, Apple CEO Steve Jobs may be preparing to form a new film company. Macworld UK notes that the report claims that a group of New York investment bankers are busy drawing up plans to combine Jobs with Miramax co-founders Bob and Harvey Weinstein to form a new film company.
The report also claims the bankers are developing a deal for a Weinstein-led group to buy MGM.
Yesterday, Disney reportedly told The Times newspaper that it would like to continue to distribute movies from Steve Jobs' other company, Pixar.
On Topic: General
- Apple CEO Tim Cook says privacy talks with Chinese government were 'very open'
- Former Apple exec Ron Johnson wants to make online shopping personal with new startup 'Enjoy'
- Apple says its 'ambitious' sapphire manufacturing process is 'not ready for production'
- GT Advanced to exit sapphire production business, Apple to recover $439M prepayment over 4 years
- Christian Bale confirmed to play Steve Jobs in upcoming biopic, to start shooting soon