Thursday, June 17, 2004, 11:00 am PT (02:00 pm ET)
Apple seeks "Retail Trainer"Apple Computer, Inc. is looking to hire a "Retail Trainer" according to a recent posting to its jobs website.
The retail trainer will be responsible for delivery of training for Apple Retail employees and business partners, as well as assisting with the development of training materials, particularly in the areas of hands-on labs and interactive role-plays.
Apple says the position will require 'extensive travel' including 'some international' trips, supporting recent reports that the company plans to elevate its international retail presence over the next two years.
The computer maker is reportedly seeking at least four Canadian outlets and has been scouting over two dozen potential locations in Japan.
In March, Apple Canada laid off several of its reseller channel representatives without any prior notification. However, a recent report claims that Apple Canada began actively rehiring for some of the positions in late May.
"No one at Apple Canada has ever lasted 20 years, and a couple of the laid-off employees were coming close," one source said. "[These individuals] are the ones getting the longevity boot the last few years."
While its unclear when Apple plans to revisit its retail plans for Canada, the company is on track to launch a high-profile retail store in London this year, just prior to the holiday shopping season.
The company is expected to followup with a flagship location in France during 2005.
On Topic: General
- Apple officially closes on $3B purchase of Beats headphones & streaming service
- 'BadUSB' malware lives in USB firmware to remain undetected, unfixable
- Apple activates in-house content delivery network, begins migrating content downloads - report
- Samsung earnings disappoint as company blames competition in smartphone space
- Apple said to cut some 200 jobs from Beats as acquisition closing date looms