Sources: Mac OS X 10.3.5 surfaces, other notesApple seeds Mac OS X 10.3.5
According to a couple of sources, earlier today Apple began seeding some of its developers with external builds of Mac OS X 10.3.5 Update. It appears that the system update is currently in limited seeding only, as Apple Developer Connection members have yet to receive word of the software from Apple.
Mac OS X 10.3.5 is widely rumored to be the most significant update to Mac OS X 10.3 "Panther" to date, and is currently being seeded as a 39MB image.
Further details will be published as information becomes available.
Older AirPort products discontinued
Along with price cuts to its AirPort Extreme line of wireless connectivity products, Apple yesterday officially discontinued its low-end AirPort basestation (the version without a modem and antenna port). The company also discontinued its older AirPort 802.11b, indicating that it plans to completely phase out all non AirPort Extreme or AirPort Express webpages.
Apple recently reorganized its AirPort website to refer customers seeking information on the technology to its AirPort Express website. It appears that AirPort Express will now be targeted at the average user, while AirPort Extreme will be marketed towards organizations and power users.
On Topic: General
- Caltech sues Apple & Broadcom over alleged Wi-Fi patent infringements
- Apple's VocalIQ takeover could hint at Siri upgrades for WWDC and beyond
- Apple Stores suffering from 'cult' atmosphere, advancement barriers, says UK staffer
- This week on AI: New MacBook Pro rumors, Apple's answer to Echo, Apple Car charging & more
- Apple details efforts to ease environmental impact at Irish data center